PDA

View Full Version : Need straight answer: carbs before workout while cutting

pillsbury
02-22-2010, 01:01 PM
does it hamper fat loss if you include carbs before workout while on a no carb diet? Would I be better to include oatmeal before workout? If been researching this and have gotten mixed answers. Anyone help? My goal is maximum fat loss.

vdizenzo
02-22-2010, 07:22 PM
I think the best way to find out would be to try it. Give it a couple weeks, just make sure to have a way to track your progress. You can get your bf measured, or you can use the scale and a tape measure to keep track.

Allen Cress
02-22-2010, 07:31 PM
does it hamper fat loss if you include carbs before workout while on a no carb diet? Would I be better to include oatmeal before workout? If been researching this and have gotten mixed answers. Anyone help? My goal is maximum fat loss.

If you are on a no carb diet then having carbs before hand is dfeating the diet. You should have at least one day during the week, maybe 2 depending on your bio-feedback, of a carb based diet. But overall if you are on a fat based diet then thats what you should stick to, with re-feeds.

Invain
02-22-2010, 10:28 PM
Are you aiming for ketosis? I'm assuming so since you said "no carb" rather than low. You want to be in ketosis for as long as possible, this is when you're burning the most body fat. If you eat enough carbs you can get knocked out of ketosis for a while, which kind of defeats the purpose.

ThomasG
02-23-2010, 04:23 AM
If you are on a no carb diet then having carbs before hand is dfeating the diet. You should have at least one day during the week, maybe 2 depending on your bio-feedback, of a carb based diet. But overall if you are on a fat based diet then thats what you should stick to, with re-feeds.

What about TKD?

Allen Cress
02-23-2010, 08:28 AM
What about TKD?

What does TKD stand for?

Daniel Roberts
02-23-2010, 09:11 AM
Targeted Ketogenic Diet - carbs timed around the workout.

steve_op
02-23-2010, 09:13 AM
Targeted Ketogenic Diet, carb free all day up until pre and post workout meals. Then resume carb free.

Allen Cress
02-23-2010, 10:39 AM
Targeted Ketogenic Diet, carb free all day up until pre and post workout meals. Then resume carb free.

That can work, but its still not a true Keto diet. I also don't believe in pre and post workout meals, just balanced meals through the day.

As I said before I'm not a fan of a pure keto diet. Thats why i call the ones I design Fat based diets, because I always implement carb days.