PDA

View Full Version : lunch ideas...

reconFIT
02-22-2010, 10:33 PM
my biggest struggle in keeping a balanced maintence diet is lunch. I get burned out on canned chicken and green beans or canned tuna and green beans.

how long is grilled chicken breast good if left in a fridge? I know that's a stupid question but i've never had to cook my own food. I was fortunate enough to have a high paying job since i was 18 and ate out at every meal, why i'm not morbidly obese i have no idea, haha. I know how to cook but am unfamilar with how long leftovers are good for. Chicken and fish are easy and fast to make on the george foreman but i fear making myself sick eating them several days after original cooking.

also, what's a good way to reheat brown rice after being left in the fridge over night? the microwave seems to dry the rice out really bad. should i add a little bit of water before throwing it in there?

sorry for the dumb questions but i'm having to train myself on cooking 101. i got laid off last year and money is extremely tight as im back in college.

Thanks!

Unreal
02-23-2010, 11:00 AM
I grill or bake 7-8 chicken breast on Sunday night and eat them all week. In a cold fridge it should easily keep 6-7 days.
Add a bit of water to the rice if it is drying out in the microwave.

WiNGMaYNE 619
02-25-2010, 02:53 PM
If you get tired of like chicken and rice. Just make a peanut butter and jelly sandwhich i load mine with peanut butter good 30 grams of protein then i buy a milk at school and put protein powder in it and boom there 34 grams nice easy meal with about 64 grams of protein and bring some fruits and veggies and your fine. Be creative buy subway make a ham sandwhich. Make ham and bring in mashed patatoes and corn with it. Just use your head.

skinny99
02-28-2010, 07:18 PM
Couple things I have tried. Egg salad mixed with canned tuna is really good. Also tuna salad with some pasta mixed in is good also. Pork chops are good. If you are on a budget get a Crock pot and make chili and beef stew make them in bulk and freeze them. Also make pork shoulder for pulled pork and beef roast with assorted veggies is awesome.

I have always cooked for me and whoever I was with(Always been a better cook than any girl I was with) and the internet is your friend. Do some searches and find some good recipes.

Mark!
02-28-2010, 07:27 PM
Couple things I have tried. Egg salad mixed with canned tuna is really good. Also tuna salad with some pasta mixed in is good also. Pork chops are good. If you are on a budget get a Crock pot and make chili and beef stew make them in bulk and freeze them. Also make pork shoulder for pulled pork and beef roast with assorted veggies is awesome.

I have always cooked for me and whoever I was with(Always been a better cook than any girl I was with) and the internet is your friend. Do some searches and find some good recipes.

My wife makes good anything from a box, and that's about it, ha. Do a search on google for whatever it is you're looking for, if you want high fat diet, low fat, high carb, high protein, you'll be amazed at the results. I've found some great high protein chicken recipes, great stuff.

teeroy
02-28-2010, 09:32 PM
For the sake of other people in the office please don't reheat fish for lunch unless you're in an isolated environment. That is one sure way to make a lot of enemies at work.

As mentioned above cooked meat will last all week in the fridge so you can cook Sunday night to prepare for the whole week.

BigWooly123
03-06-2010, 05:13 AM
for lunch i have been making wraps lately. i use a whole wheat tortillas, put a tbsp or 2 of hummus down with ground pepper on top, which ever kind of meat you like ( i use sliced chicken, or turkey), top with some leafy greens then pinch the ends and roll that sucker up. i dont have the macros on it, but its low in fat and very filling.