Mikhail Koklyaev
Chuck Vogelpohl
Andrey Malanichev
Brian Siders

Heaviest Deadlift Wins!

PL rules - no straps.

JasonLift
02-23-2010, 10:30 AM
I think I will definitely have to make a road trip for that one.

Chris Rodgers
02-23-2010, 10:36 AM
Savickas is a beast!! I hope that KK competes.

*edit

Oh sweet, Benny Magnussun too!!

JSully
02-23-2010, 10:39 AM
oh snap... this is going to be nuts..

djenkins76
02-23-2010, 10:42 AM
This should be an awesome event to see in person. I may have to make the trip from Chicago to Cleveland to see this. I think KK ,Savickas and Benedict could surpass it, KK trains raw, have never seen him pull with any gear. So KK's sky is pretty high considering that. Savickas and Benedict are just beasts.

drew
02-23-2010, 10:43 AM
Wow, some serious pullers there. Should be awesome.

Sidior
02-23-2010, 10:46 AM
What a great idea, meet sounds awesome.

IronDiggy
02-23-2010, 11:37 AM
That's going to be awesome. What gear is going to be allowed?

thewicked
02-23-2010, 11:58 AM
too bad it's not a raw event...that would really put things into perspective.

douglasoh5
02-23-2010, 12:06 PM
raw is stupid. just lift as much as you can. Def cant wait for this.

Pete22
02-23-2010, 12:08 PM
Just seeing a quarter of these guys go head to head would be awesome, let alone all these names together. Definitely going to make the trip if this goes down.

Lones Green
02-23-2010, 12:09 PM
Sounds like a trip worth making for sure

Cmanuel
02-23-2010, 12:33 PM
This is going to be epic. holy **** i cant wait

Rugby Dad
02-23-2010, 04:27 PM
was that supposed to be June 2010 not 2011 right?
didn't see location?

Tom Mutaffis
02-23-2010, 04:52 PM
From PowerliftingWatch:

"Andy Bolton issued the challenge. Now organizers have stepped up to the plate. It only remains for the challengers to Bolton's crown to accept.

Ty Phillips of Gorilla Pit, Alex Campbell of NOTLD and Mike Maxwell of Iron House Gym have been given the contract and official word to promote the Andy Bolton Deadlift Challenge. Phillips, Campbell and Maxwell will be working as a team on the event.

The meet will be held in Cleveland, Ohio in May or June of 2011. Negotiations have begun with the Rock N Roll Hall of Fame as a venue. The meet will will be unsanctioned, but will have judges from IPF, USAPL, IPA and APC.

The organizers will be inviting the top 10 best deadlifters in the world. The winner will be the person who lifts the most weight. Says Phillips, "Basically, break the 1008lb WR and take the crown away from Andy or walk away acknowledging Andy is king of DL."

robchris
02-23-2010, 06:23 PM
Unbelievable.... I cant wait to see this Titans of strength on the same platform!!!

I'm there in 2011!

Cmanuel
02-23-2010, 06:32 PM
thats cool benny will be coming back... In my mind i can only see KK, benny, and big Z beating boltons WR. but we will see.

Rugby Dad
02-23-2010, 07:24 PM
well that's well over a year away, lots can change with competitors list between now and then.
also gives KK time to put on more weight if he's gonna have a chance.

bigjeff87
02-23-2010, 08:02 PM
this is incredible lineup..poundstone lifting with no straps? thats hard to believe...but this should be a raw meet because the suit doesnt make that much of a difference unlike the squat suit and is a true lift of strength...

JSully
02-23-2010, 11:36 PM
This should be an awesome event to see in person. I may have to make the trip from Chicago to Cleveland to see this. I think KK ,Savickas and Benedict could surpass it, KK trains raw, have never seen him pull with any gear. So KK's sky is pretty high considering that. Savickas and Benedict are just beasts.
I'm pretty sure KKs 930DL was suited.. but I could be wrong

Cmanuel
02-23-2010, 11:42 PM
I'm pretty sure KKs 930DL was suited.. but I could be wrong

He pulled 939 raw... w/ no belt. F'in beast.

Cmanuel
02-23-2010, 11:46 PM
I was thinking about this earlier.... Do you think they are going to offer some prize money or something??? Obviously all of these guys are pretty big names, and some of them make help support themselves on the side with their lifting feats...

So what I'm getting at is this: Do you really think all of these guys are going to switch their training focus for a good while in order to break a DL world record for the simple sake of breaking a record?

gatorman2k6
02-24-2010, 12:32 AM
I was thinking about this earlier.... Do you think they are going to offer some prize money or something??? Obviously all of these guys are pretty big names, and some of them make help support themselves on the side with their lifting feats...

So what I'm getting at is this: Do you really think all of these guys are going to switch their training focus for a good while in order to break a DL world record for the simple sake of breaking a record?

Not positive, but on PLWatch, Mike Maxwell said that he would guarantee $500 to them, plus $2500 to the winner. That was before it got started and all these people got involved. Also, I believe Fought already said he would pay for Bolton's hotel if he came over here to do it. The bottom line is that I'm sure there will be plenty of incentive to come compete.

Rugby Dad
02-24-2010, 09:37 AM
Not positive, but on PLWatch, Mike Maxwell said that he would guarantee $500 to them, plus $2500 to the winner. That was before it got started and all these people got involved. Also, I believe Fought already said he would pay for Bolton's hotel if he came over here to do it. The bottom line is that I'm sure there will be plenty of incentive to come compete.

Certainly not a big pay day, but most of us are in it for love of strength anyhows.

and KKs 939 raw pull with no belt is INSANE:omg:

Travis Bell
02-24-2010, 10:20 AM
Certainly not a big pay day, but most of us are in it for love of strength anyhows.

and KKs 939 raw pull with no belt is INSANE:omg:

It's the second day since the announcement. Give it more time and more sponsor money will come in.

I'm not saying it'll be $20K but I think there will be a decent payout given the amount of press this will stir up

KK pulled in a suit before he took time off and came back doing everything raw. I'm sure he will do just fine in a suit.

MikeWilliams
02-24-2010, 06:12 PM
From PowerliftingWatch:

"Andy Bolton issued the challenge. Now organizers have stepped up to the plate. It only remains for the challengers to Bolton's crown to accept.

Ty Phillips of Gorilla Pit, Alex Campbell of NOTLD and Mike Maxwell of Iron House Gym have been given the contract and official word to promote the Andy Bolton Deadlift Challenge. Phillips, Campbell and Maxwell will be working as a team on the event.

The meet will be held in Cleveland, Ohio in May or June of 2011. Negotiations have begun with the Rock N Roll Hall of Fame as a venue. The meet will will be unsanctioned, but will have judges from IPF, USAPL, IPA and APC.

The organizers will be inviting the top 10 best deadlifters in the world. The winner will be the person who lifts the most weight. Says Phillips, "Basically, break the 1008lb WR and take the crown away from Andy or walk away acknowledging Andy is king of DL."

amazing!! this will only be 15minutes from my house!!

And I recently was at Ty Philips' Gorilla Pit Gym where he held Cleveland's Strongest Man contest..good times

Big o Boy
02-24-2010, 10:27 PM
My vote is for Chuck Fought/KK for the best chances to beat Andy. Fought's speed with the 900 lb deadlift was crazy. And he's got over a year to train.

thewicked
02-24-2010, 10:41 PM
for me..it woudln't be about the money..it would be about being apart of powerlifting history..and in the deadlift. THE lift.

money is temporary..but glory..and becoming apart of history...is forever.

MikeWilliams
01-17-2011, 11:39 AM
cancelled :bang:

"I am sorry to tell everybody that the Andy Bolton deadlift challenge will not go ahead this year with most of the top lifters having other commitments, it has made it pretty hard to put the show on, but I am working on getting it in England next year at a big venue and I'm pretty sure this one will go ahead, will keep you all informed as soon as it's agreed."

Thanks

Andy Bolton

pricedtosell
01-21-2011, 05:01 PM
That's a bummer. I was really excited for this with all of the big names that were supposed to be competing.