PDA

View Full Version : Weekend Squatting

IronDiggy
02-23-2010, 08:27 PM
Hey guys just a video of the last few sets of my squatting this past weekend.

t8Irq8JFCZg
455 I rocked a little on the 2nd rep
475 the bar some how rolled on me.
other than that the 475x2 was a raw pr for me.

Any tips on form would be dandy.

brihead301
02-24-2010, 07:05 AM
I'm not qualified to give advice to a guy that can squat 200 lbs. more then me, but I can say damn good job!!! Congrats on the PR. It looks to me like you had more in the tank!

IronDiggy
02-24-2010, 09:10 AM
Thanks! I was sick over the weekend so my balance was off a bunch(great time to go for a pr i know) But this weekend I have no limit to how much I can work so I am going for an absolute 2rm.

Also just because you don't have as big of a squat does not make me the better squatter. ;)

Buccos1
02-24-2010, 04:00 PM
Those are strong looking squats. It looks like your butt is rising too fast for your chest at the bottom (a little) on some of the reps. This might be putting more stress on your lower back and making it harder than is necessary. Good sets though.

joey54
02-24-2010, 07:56 PM
Belt only with a close stance like that is very impressive.

Chris Rodgers
02-24-2010, 09:29 PM
Belt only with a close stance like that is very impressive.

I agree! Looked great to me man!

IronDiggy
02-25-2010, 09:21 PM
Thanks guys. I think a little of the butt raise issue is I'm still newish to carrying the bar low and trying to keep my speed up. I'll work on that on Saturday

Hoping to get into gear for my next meet in July or so and make a nationals qualifying total. :)

44pirate
02-27-2010, 08:51 AM
Look up, that will help you drive up with your chest first. Your looking forward as you drive up, see it in the mirror.

IronDiggy
02-27-2010, 01:08 PM
Haha yea I have a bad habit of trying to quickly look down to check depth or just concentrating on my eyes...

here I do it again. Todays squatting.

1jFFW9pUOdQ

ct67_72
03-06-2010, 04:28 PM
Im no pro, but it looks like you break at the knees and it causes you to come forward on the balls of your feet.
But awesome sets! very strong!

Sean S
03-09-2010, 05:30 PM
Overall, those squats look pretty good. I would just work on arching a little harder and trying to hold that arch a little better. You're not rounding badly, but you are losing your back position just a little on the way up. It's something I have to continually remind myself of as well, especially as the weight gets heavier.

Notorious
03-09-2010, 05:57 PM
You are a friggin beast. Squats looked very good IMO. Only thing I saw is that your butt is coming back a little as you drive up, but that is probably unavoidable when the weight gets heavy.

IronDiggy
03-10-2010, 01:47 PM
Overall, those squats look pretty good. I would just work on arching a little harder and trying to hold that arch a little better. You're not rounding badly, but you are losing your back position just a little on the way up. It's something I have to continually remind myself of as well, especially as the weight gets heavier.

I will try that. I'll be working up to some sort of a 1rm this weekend.

mchicia1
03-10-2010, 08:47 PM
Those looked insanely easy for that weight, you are very strong.

IronDiggy
03-12-2010, 10:56 PM
Heres my deadlifting and benching. Didn't see a point in creating a new thread considering this one is alive and kickin' at the top.

W7dx96qijYo

My deadlift form needs some work. Any tips would be appreciated.

PyZJjyeb7TI

bench I have no idea. It's weak and probably will always lag quite a bit behind my other lifts.

Buccos1
03-13-2010, 07:42 AM
All of your lifts look pretty good! I switched to kind of a modified sumo last year; we have similar foot placement and dimensions. Something that helped me get more of an arch in my back was bringing in my hand placement a little - more on the smooth than the knurling part. This allowed me to stay more upright, which let me sit back further at the start.

IronDiggy
03-13-2010, 08:31 AM
All of your lifts look pretty good! I switched to kind of a modified sumo last year; we have similar foot placement and dimensions. Something that helped me get more of an arch in my back was bringing in my hand placement a little - more on the smooth than the knurling part. This allowed me to stay more upright, which let me sit back further at the start.

I'll have to try that thanks! Other lifters constantly tell me I should pull conv. But I just can't seem to do it. having short arms and legs makes form downright brutal for me. I think hamstring flexibility is also an issue.

IronDiggy
03-14-2010, 01:54 PM
Aaaaaaand one last video of my 1rm squat. Now time to deload and start planning for provincials in June. It'll be my first meet in full gear and I'm hoping to make a national qualifying total.

FMqPfRebG3M