PDA

View Full Version : Lost weight While bulking im good at this

DLgain09
02-24-2010, 07:30 PM
Yea i lost 6 pounds this month trying to bulk i dont know how that happened whats the secret. Maybe this means i should actually keep track of what i eat instead of just trying to eating alot.

kmagnuss
02-24-2010, 07:44 PM
Less typing...more eating.

Runty
02-24-2010, 08:16 PM
Weigh yourself more than once a month so you can make more precise adjustments to diets. If you're not lactose intolerant, drink a gallon or close to it of whole milk a day. That on top of a normal diet pretty much guarantees gains, and drinking calories is so much easier than chewing them all.

Dgro
02-24-2010, 08:30 PM
yup, start counting. also realize that you should get the same amount of calories every day, do not eat less on your off days.

jed
02-24-2010, 09:03 PM
How much do you weigh, and give us an approximate amount of cals consumed/day.

Mark!
02-24-2010, 10:05 PM
Weigh yourself more than once a month so you can make more precise adjustments to diets. If you're not lactose intolerant, drink a gallon or close to it of whole milk a day. That on top of a normal diet pretty much guarantees gains, and drinking calories is so much easier than chewing them all.

Plus, by drinking them you're not burning all those calories by chewing!!
Ok so maybe it's only like 5 calories you're saving, but it's something...right? /sarcasm

platypus
02-25-2010, 03:22 AM
weigh yourself everyday at the same time of day, and use whatever weight you record as motivation to push the number up tomorrow. and drink milk :thumbup:

Raleighwood
02-25-2010, 05:21 AM
I don't get what is so complicated...?

eat more, rest more. GOMAD. Eat steaks, tuna, chicken, peanut butter, whole milk, ice cream, beans, at least 4 eggs a day, potatoes, hell even fast food.

I am not sure how clean you are trying to keep this, but stuff your face with everything that is high protein that you can. Lift HEAVY (especially squats).

tnathletics2b
02-25-2010, 05:26 AM
One caveat to the "milk diet:" I drank a half gallon of 2% milk everyday for about 3 months and my LDL cholesterol went from 128 to 180; and 180 is on the threshold of high cholesterol. That was the only diet change I made in that time. Turns out, drinking that much 2% milk a day provided 120% of your daily saturated fat intake.

Check out the attached image from fitday.com on the nutritional aspects of a gallon of whole milk a day. Notice the underlined red: Saturated fat = 72.8 g which is 364% of your RDA...

So, if you do decide to follow the popular milk diet plan, just make sure you are keeping track of your cholesterol.

EDIT: spelling mistakes.

Allen Cress
02-25-2010, 08:00 AM
If you are trying to put on weight you need to track your calories to some extent because if you're fluctuating 300-500 cal per day it could effect your weight. You don't have to drink whole milk by any means to put on weight, a much better option is to drink juices instead with meals. They process a lot easier in the body and don't leave you feeling as full plus many positive benefits, but make sure they are 100% pure juices. Along with that things such as peanut butter, any fairly lean meats, rice, potato, whole grain pasta, and a couple of weight gain shakes per day should do the trick and also keep you from gaining too much fat in process.

Just remember to make it a quality weight gain you ned to hit a weight and stay there for at least 6-8 months for it to be quality. Its easy to get the scale weight up but maintaining it to make sure its a set point is different. Quality over quantity . There will come a point where gaining will have diminishing returns such as running out of breath quicker, loss of performance in gym, etc...... You want the weight to be functional.

DLgain09
02-25-2010, 02:36 PM
thanks everyone im going to try drinking alot more milk and try to make up a diet so i can keep track

Vega
03-02-2010, 10:43 AM
If you're losing weight while bulking then you probably need more calories. You're obviously burning fat but aren't replacing it with muscle as much as you could. Usually when you are building up your muscles, you tend to gain a little weight because muscle weighs more than fat. I would eat more carbs and protein.

JSully
03-02-2010, 11:39 AM
One caveat to the "milk diet:" I drank a half gallon of 2% milk everyday for about 3 months and my LDL cholesterol went from 128 to 180; and 180 is on the threshold of high cholesterol. That was the only diet change I made in that time. Turns out, drinking that much 2% milk a day provided 120% of your daily saturated fat intake.

Check out the attached image from fitday.com on the nutritional aspects of a gallon of whole milk a day. Notice the underlined red: Saturated fat = 72.8 g which is 364% of your RDA...

So, if you do decide to follow the popular milk diet plan, just make sure you are keeping track of your cholesterol.

EDIT: spelling mistakes.

How much cardio were you doing? Dietary fat is not the cause of high cholesterol. Typically it comes from high carbs AND high fats plus crappy cardio.. I've been taking in over 200g of fat/day for the last 7 weeks and my cholesterol hasn't budged..