PDA

View Full Version : Question about restoring leptin levels...

franklinfan
02-25-2010, 04:16 AM
How do you know that you have sufficiently restored your leptin levels on a re-feed day? Is there a certain amount of a caloric surplus? Does it just have to be constant eating throughout the day?

Allen Cress
02-25-2010, 07:46 AM
If you have been dieting down consistently and weight has plateaued, energy has dropped, hunger is high, and your body has reached a supercompensation state then there is no rules when it comes to a re-feed just eat a lot of food through the day and if you are in a state where its needed it shouldn't be hard.

The problem withthis is many people can't truly be objective when it comes to things like this and reading their own bio-feedback. A Some tend to have a re-feed because they want it and not because they need it which will defeat the purpose. So be cautious when doing so.

Unreal
02-26-2010, 08:28 AM
I was feeling run down, no energy, and could barely lift. Yesterday I had 10 donuts for breakfast (not little ones, big ass donuts), platter of chinese for lunch, 3 plates of tuna casserole for dinner and a 1/2 gallon of icecream for desert. Woke up feeling energized and wanting to lift something.

franklinfan
02-28-2010, 06:51 AM
Thanks guys.

I think I understand what you guys mean. I hate arbitrarily re-feeding on Saturdays because there have been a couple where I didn't want to, but I told myself I had to. I'd much rather actually listen to my body and re-feed when it needs to.

Are there any other, more objective, measures that I can use? Like RHR in the morning or any guidelines like once every week, two weeks?