PDA

View Full Version : Maltodextrin as carb source

anonymous1
02-28-2010, 12:06 PM
I'm curious as to why you use maltodextrin as a carb source in your products. I've always had the opinion it was something used to put carbs on the label to make something a MRP as opposed to a protein shake.

The alternative I was getting at is in the MRP I use marketed as a "whole food formula", and is one of the main reasons I use it. The carb source is labeled as "brown rice flour, hydrolyzed oat flour, rice bran".

Another MRP I use has what seems like an even better carb source "barley, oat bran, brown rice". Sounds like quality stuff, while maltodextrin is basically just glorified sugar.

chris mason
03-02-2010, 08:52 PM
Opticen and MAXIMUS are geared towards PWO recovery and size gain respectively. We choose a simple carb source for those products because an insulin spike is beneficial to both goals. In the PWO environment an insulin spike both enhances protein and glycogen synthesis. With respect to size and strength, insulin again aids with protein synthesis, thus helping to promote increased muscular size.

If you want a whole food source I suggest you go for the real thing, whole food... If you want performance, try our products.