PDA

View Full Version : Dealing with cold symptoms while dieting/training what to do?

Dawn Trantham
03-01-2010, 08:14 PM
I'm having problems with what regiment of medicines to do wether otc or natural to take while dieting. I feel like this is viral but I need something to get me through the symptoms. I'm a natural athelete that has to watch out for sugars and most cough syrups have sugar and I don't like to take too many sugar free products. Does anyone have suggests for nasal congestion and cough?

Vega
03-02-2010, 10:38 AM
I usually take the tablets that dissolve in water like airborne when I'm battling a cold. I've heard that the zicam nasal swipes were good but they were recalled because of bad side-effects like loss of smell. I usually drink more orange juice when I feel a cold coming on and I seem to get rid of it pretty fast. I hate colds as they sap my energy when working out. I wish there was some medicine that would cure us of colds but none yet.

CannibalCrowley
03-02-2010, 01:10 PM
Neti pot once or twice a day. That will help clear out the congestion.

MadChef
03-03-2010, 12:04 PM
I usually drink more orange juice when I feel a cold coming on and I seem to get rid of it pretty fast.

The Vitamin C helps with the cold, but if you have congestion, orange juice produces mucus so I wouldn't recommend it. I suggest Electrolyte-Stamina. Has 1200 miligrams of vitamin-c, plus tons of trace minerals and electrolytes which is what you really need to overcome the symptoms. Also, plenty of stretching and a massage does wonders, if you can afford that. Use a sauna (but make sure you have the electrolyte stamina) to help dry out your sinuses. Make yourself some soup with healing foods (cabbage, mushrooms, miso, ginger, chili peppers, etc). The best way to negate cold symptoms is to attack the cold at the source... these foods do just that. Oh, and most importantly, avoid any and all vaccinations. They will f*** you up.

Dawn Trantham
03-06-2010, 11:52 AM
Great advice! Those things would definitly help & those are things I can use while still staying true to my diet. I will start implementing today. I am feeling better using a decongestant, zicam, airborne and saline nasal rinse 2x's daily. Oj has too much sugar (even though it might be a natural source) and I'm not allowed sugar of kind on diet. Can I find the electrolyte stamina on line?

Thank you so much
Dawn

Holto
03-08-2010, 03:50 PM
Simply saline is amazing for colds and nasal congestion. When I'm coming down with something I use it and gargle with salt water...