PDA

View Full Version : Impossible to have a low-carb diet when drinking milk?

fixationdarknes
03-01-2010, 11:28 PM
My milk has around 13 grams of carbohydrates per cup and I probably drink a half gallon a day, which means already 104 grams of carbs from milk alone, when I was hoping to probably have that many carbs in one day. Factoring in any vegetables/fruits I eat, plus the slight bit of carbs that are naturally present in peanut butter, a slight bit in whey, this and that, etc. and I'm at minimum like 150 grams of carbs a day. I don't understand how to eat any less than that unless I basically remove milk from my diet (it is such a staple though).

greemah
03-02-2010, 03:08 PM
You've basically answered your own question - if you drink that much milk then yes you won't be able to go low carb. If milk is a big staple for you, maybe you could look into carb cycling and keep most of your milk on high carb days and maybe limit yourself to a glass or two on lower carb days (and none on no carb days if you had those)

fixationdarknes
03-03-2010, 06:08 PM
Ah alright, thanks for the advice. I guess I just sort of thought in the back of my mind that every weightlifter drank milk, but I can see now that it's obviously not a necessity XD

Unreal
03-04-2010, 08:21 AM
I haven't bought or drank milk in years.

SMK41
03-04-2010, 08:57 AM
I only drink milk in my shakes and lately I just have been limiting it to my PWO shake. I usually use 2 cups of milk in that shake and its all I use for the day. If I do any other shakes throughout the day I mix them with water.