PDA

View Full Version : Fat loss product

knicks6002
03-03-2010, 09:00 PM
Hello, I just joined the forum and wanted to introduce myself and ask for a personal recommendation on a fat loss product (nitor/thermocin).

First, I will be turning 22 years old at the end of this month. I have been exercising/lifting weights since I was probably 14, and ran in high school. I've always been in pretty good shape. However February 1st of this year I decided it was time to take things to the next level, more so than just going to the gym 3x a week and eating an 'ok diet.' I also decided it was time to start doing the big boy exercises, like squatting and dead lifts.

On February 1st, I weighed about 145 pounds. Oh, and I'm 5'7. My max bench was 180. From February 1st-February 14, I started going to the gym 4-5 times a week and eating a MUCH stricter diet. From February 15th-now (March 3rd) I started taking Nitrean, Creatine500, and FishOil. In the one month since I started eating better, going to the gym more, and mixing in supplements, I have gained 3ish, and my bench has gone up 25 pounds to 205. I never squatted in my life prior to February 1st of this year, but I'd say in about a month its gone up 20 pounds. I am much more defined and am probably physically in the best shape of my life.

So now to my question. My goal is to put on more muscle to get to about 160 pounds and get shredded/cut (I want to bulk up and keep/improve the abs). I've always been pretty cut, that's just my body type - I'd be shocked if I was more than 9-10% body fat. But I want to get into that 7-8% area in my quest to 'take things to the next level'. So based on some of my information, I wanted a reccomendation of nitor/thermocin. I have read the forums and the product forum, and just can't decide what is right for me. Prior to 3 weeks ago, I had never taken a supplement in my life (let alone a fat loss product), but so far I love the nitrean/creatine500/fish oil. Any help would be appreciated!!!

- Matt

Joe Black
03-04-2010, 01:49 AM
The fact that you are naturally lean is to your advantage and ... well... quite frankly pretty annoying to me ha ha

The thing is getting sub 8% is a tough job for anyone and you normally have to attack that goal and that goal only. I.e gear your training, eating and whole lifestyle around it.

Now, for you it's obviously going to be easier, but I still think your goals of weight gain and reducing bodyfat are a tall order.

Nitor would definately be a good supplement to take and it's perfect for that last bit of a cut. So I would start using it, add in a bit more cardio and really focus on the clean eating and see how things go. Maybe your metablism is just so damn good that you can put on a bit of weight and drop the bodyfat a few percent but if you struggle, you're going to need to get the weight gain out of your head for a bit and really focus in on the sub 8% goal.

However............... let me chuck in a curve ball.

If you are naturally a very lean person, a better overall strategy is to push on with the weight gain and just make sure you don't go at it too quickly and put on fat you are uncomfortable with. You could probably pack on a good 20lbs of lean muscle over the next couple of years if you went about it right and still stay fairly lean and that's gonna look AWESOME.

knicks6002
03-06-2010, 02:41 PM
The fact that you are naturally lean is to your advantage and ... well... quite frankly pretty annoying to me ha ha

The thing is getting sub 8% is a tough job for anyone and you normally have to attack that goal and that goal only. I.e gear your training, eating and whole lifestyle around it.

Now, for you it's obviously going to be easier, but I still think your goals of weight gain and reducing bodyfat are a tall order.

Nitor would definately be a good supplement to take and it's perfect for that last bit of a cut. So I would start using it, add in a bit more cardio and really focus on the clean eating and see how things go. Maybe your metablism is just so damn good that you can put on a bit of weight and drop the bodyfat a few percent but if you struggle, you're going to need to get the weight gain out of your head for a bit and really focus in on the sub 8% goal.

However............... let me chuck in a curve ball.

If you are naturally a very lean person, a better overall strategy is to push on with the weight gain and just make sure you don't go at it too quickly and put on fat you are uncomfortable with. You could probably pack on a good 20lbs of lean muscle over the next couple of years if you went about it right and still stay fairly lean and that's gonna look AWESOME.

Thank you for your response. I am a pretty lean person, but I do have a decent amount of muscle on me. But at 5'7 149 lbs now, I'm looking to pack on 10 more pounds of quality lean muscle. I also probably shouldn't guess what my body fat is, considering I've never actually had it measured. I guessed that I'm about 9-10%, but I could be 11-12% for all I know.

The fat that I do have I store in my love handles and my lower abs, so when I'm standing in front of a mirror flexing, I do notice the fat pockets in those areas, and that is what I am really trying to target. I mentioned I used to run, but I probably do not do enough cardio anymore. I will definitely check out Nitor though and see if that is something I want to consider. At the very least, I will probably buy a bottle and just give it a shot.

camzilla
04-05-2010, 10:24 AM
I would agree that it's your lifestyle of food, training, sleep, etc. Try to eat REAL food and stay a little hungry. You'll become very cut very fast if you lose just a few lbs.

Urbanski
05-03-2010, 04:19 AM
Maybe your metabolism is just so damn good that you can put on a bit of weight and drop the body fat a few percent but if you struggle, you're going to need to get the weight gain out of your head for a bit and really focus in on the sub goal...