PDA

View Full Version : i have about 20 days till full meet

combatzr2
03-04-2010, 05:43 AM
Ok, i know i 've heard it before rest rest rest, but i need a quick workout for about two weeks do i do full body every other day with the big three or what. i'm deployed in iraq right now and need to workout when i can, its fighting all laws of powerlifting i know, just need some help. thanks all.

Chris Rodgers
03-04-2010, 05:47 AM
What has your training been like leading up to this point? Are you wearing gear at the meet or lifting raw?

combatzr2
03-04-2010, 06:18 AM
Only Gear i'm wearing is Knee Wraps. Traning up to this point has been a basic, Chest, tri/bi day, shoulder, back, and legs, heavy weight no more than reps of 5 on core lifts. about a five day workout plan, when i can get it in, between missions

ScottYard
03-04-2010, 09:12 AM
Work up to a light opener this week at or about 90% of your max, then take it very easy next week(maybe 50% for a few singles)

combatzr2
03-04-2010, 09:20 AM
Work up to a light opener this week at or about 90% of your max, then take it very easy next week(maybe 50% for a few singles)

ok so i should just stick to the BIG 3? I did 305 for 4 sets of three today on bench. got all 4 sets clean. did a few aux. exercises for the upper body. Just want to get the most out of my lift the end of the month. i have not squatted heavy heavy in a long while, should i hit a few 3 or singles this week as well on that?
once again thanks for all your help guys

Chris Rodgers
03-04-2010, 10:59 AM
ok so i should just stick to the BIG 3? I did 305 for 4 sets of three today on bench. got all 4 sets clean. did a few aux. exercises for the upper body. Just want to get the most out of my lift the end of the month. i have not squatted heavy heavy in a long while, should i hit a few 3 or singles this week as well on that?
once again thanks for all your help guys

I agree with Scott. If you haven't been practicing the actual lifts within the rules of the competition you are doing(proper squat depth, pausing the bench, waiting for rack commands, etc.) I would work on that for the next few weeks. You can still do accessory work, just don't go overboard. Typically 3 weeks out is last heavy week. 2 weeks out is a light week and the week of the meet you should just rest and maybe do some light/active recovery type stuff.

Good luck!

ScottYard
03-04-2010, 11:06 AM
Exactly...........................Do what Chris said! Good Luck