PDA

View Full Version : Looking for advice on upping my vertical, want to be able to dunk

depotman
03-08-2010, 03:35 PM
I searched the site briefly for info but was unable to locate what I was looking for.

Anyone have any advice on training specifically geared towards increasing my vertical. I'm looking to jump higher while playing basketball.

I know squats and calf raises are probably the ticket, but wondering if there are any specific routines out there for increasing your vertical.

Thanks.

Dgro
03-08-2010, 03:44 PM
if you're really serious about this, buy Kelly Baggett's Vertical Jump Development Bible. Not only does it tell you what to do, it's full of all the science so you can learn how to teach yourself and others. It's pretty much the #1 authority on jumping higher.

it comes in hardcopy or e-book format, and IIRC is only $40.

depotman
03-09-2010, 12:11 PM
if you're really serious about this, buy Kelly Baggett's Vertical Jump Development Bible. Not only does it tell you what to do, it's full of all the science so you can learn how to teach yourself and others. It's pretty much the #1 authority on jumping higher.

it comes in hardcopy or e-book format, and IIRC is only $40.

Sweet, thanks man.

Travis Bell
03-09-2010, 12:30 PM
Vertical training is over complicated.

Squats yes, as well as wide stance box squats, box jump variations with weight and without weight

Forget calf training. You don't jump with your calves, you jump with your hips, glutes and hams.

cant hit bombz
03-09-2010, 01:23 PM
I incorporated Broad Jumps into my dynamic warm ups and i have to say i noticed my vert went up almost over night.