PDA

View Full Version : Hey all - This is my sad but true beginning point.

conesto412
03-08-2010, 03:06 PM
Hey all,

This is my first post. This is what I'm working with - all 5'5.5". It honestly feels like weak sauce. I feel like I should be doing more not only for my age (I'm 21) but also for my frame. I've been feeling really depressed because I've become lazy and don't exercise, and have an absolute **** diet.

Early today I was cutting some fallen tree limbs for my grandfather, I was so *****in exhausted. I couldn't believe how out of breath and weak I felt. Man...

I told myself from this point on I'm going to do everything I can get in shape, get stronger, more muscle, more lean. From looking at your guys pictures I felt really encouraged and impressed to do this. I'm going to give it my all - and keep you guys updated. Hopefully you won't have to look at this sad mess for too much longer. My insides keep telling me "Dude, you can do it"

To start I'm going to break up my lifting routine to 20 minutes of cardio (running in place, or jump roping - need to get tennis shoes this week) and try to build up to 30-60 minutes of day. I'm going to aim to warm up and stretch before and after.

For lifting I have a good set of free weights and a decent bench. I'm going to try to break up my routines to chest and back one day, arms and shoulders the next. I promised myself I'd keep a log.

If theres any advice you guys have for me, please let me know.

Good luck lifting!

Tyler

Nicky
03-08-2010, 03:38 PM
Everyone, EVERYONE starts somewhere. Just read everything on this site. Twice. And good luck.

2kool
03-08-2010, 03:41 PM
the best advice i can give is to read everything you can on this site. not just the forums but the whole site. keep reading, asking questions here, learning and reading some more. whatever your goal is, this site has people that can help with anything. also, consistency is KING. maybe try one of the pre made routines here on the site. whatever you choose to do just make sure you stick with it. as you keep learning youll see what youre doing wrong or right. but simply put just dont quit. the amount of things i have learned from this site is just astonishing.

anyway, go at whatever you decide to go at HARD and dont slack off, keep it up and youll achieve your goals in time. there are no short cuts, so keep at it!

KoSh
03-08-2010, 04:01 PM
Don't be too hard on yourself, that's a little advice for you. Sad start? I've seen worse and I've seen better. Just work hard and EVERYONE here will be supportive of you.

conesto412
03-13-2010, 04:29 PM
Thanks for all your advice. I've been checking out the forums throughout the day for the past week, trying to catch up on some reading. I got my pair of running shoes, and started eating a "clean" diet, or have at least been working on it. That means that sweets, candies, and crackers have been replaced with eggs, chicken, yogurt, etc. Also have been trying to concentrate on proper fluids, water, etc. and still learning about proper nutrition.

And of course filling up my time with plenty of inspiration, watched the movie "Pumping Iron" and was absolutely blown away...couldn't believe me eyes. Still trying to build up my cardiovascular health - did a little bit of jump roping for the first time today. As far as the gym goes - I'm hoping to be in there tonight to work-out chest and back.

It's a slow start but i'm gaining speed!

Good luck all,

Tyler

Buccos1
03-13-2010, 06:39 PM
Commit yourself to your program and make it a part of your life! No matter how hard or long the road seems, don't give up on yourself. If you stick to it, you will see results! As far as being depressed, setting and achieving short-term goals will help a lot.

chevelle2291
03-14-2010, 01:38 AM
I saw that you said you were going to the gym to work out "chest and back." I think most on this site would agree that a split is not what you need right now. I'm no expert, but most of the seasoned trainees on this site recommend Starting Strength or a 5x5 strength routine as a good beginner program. You might want to check those out. Just a suggestion. Good Luck!