PDA

View Full Version : 0.5g fat per lb. while cutting?

fixationdarknes
03-09-2010, 10:17 PM
I've heard many times to aim for at least 0.5 grams of healthy fat per lb. of body weight (lean body mass) as well as at minimum 1 gram of protein per lb. Alright, great. If and when cutting though, is it still recommended to intake 0.5 g fat/weight? I know that fat is very essential, but it certainly can make it harder to keep a lower calorie diet with each gram of fat being 9 calories. This is probably a really basic question to you all, but for me it needs to be asked haha.

Holto
03-10-2010, 08:24 AM
It's really all a matter of feeling full. Carbs make some people hungry. Many people don't find things like nuts very filling. Just remember that Fat is an essential nutrient and carbs aren't. So if you can cut carbs, it's likely better for your overall health.

joey54
03-10-2010, 07:14 PM
Might not be a bad guideline, but so many other variables will come into play.

Mark!
03-10-2010, 09:41 PM
I started my carb deficit diet a few days back and man I absolutely love it so far. The diet is restricted, I get steak, chicken, fish, ground beef, and broccoli. To me, that's pretty awesome stuff. My diet used to be so screwed up, now I'm eating more, but have been losing weight with this. Feels pretty awesome. I'm a huge fan of carb cutting so far.

Joe Black
03-14-2010, 12:05 AM
I think 0.5 is a good level. I am on a little lower than that and yes it does make it harder to follow, but it does force you to stick to really lean sources of protein which is a good thing.