PDA

View Full Version : Velcro Knee Wraps keep popping off

StLRPh
03-10-2010, 04:50 PM
I made a huge mistake and didn't listen to everyone's advice. I got a pair of velcro knee wraps. Now on the last two sessions of all out sets on squats I've had them come undone at about 7 reps. Each time I've had to cut the set short.

Any suggestion on how to fix this or should I just buy a pair of 3m no-velcro wraps and call it a lesson learned?

Thanks in advance,

StLRPh
03-10-2010, 07:09 PM
Decided to try duct tape. And it worked great!

Lones Green
03-11-2010, 03:12 AM
I'd buy some non velcro wraps for meets

tnathletics2b
03-11-2010, 05:11 AM
If you need to save some money, I am glad you found a fix with the duct tape. However, you will never be able to get those as tight as normal non velcro wraps. I looked through your journal and they are popping off at 200 pounds... what happens when you get to 300? 400? They don't have a chance.

ThomasG
03-11-2010, 05:35 AM
Sounds dangerous too. If my wraps popped off on a heavy 1-3rm I would be toast.

StLRPh
03-11-2010, 05:56 AM
I'll be getting 3m wraps no velcro in the next month or so. The duct tape is definitely a temporary fix. Thanks for the info everyone.

Tom Mutaffis
03-11-2010, 06:18 AM
If you are just looking for something to give you support while training you might want to look into knee sleeves instead of wraps. They are much more convenient and you would not have to worry about them coming off during your set.

Travis Bell
03-11-2010, 07:04 AM
If you are just looking for something to give you support while training you might want to look into knee sleeves instead of wraps. They are much more convenient and you would not have to worry about them coming off during your set.

I'm with Tom. At a 200lb squat you really shouldn't be using knee wraps

There just is no need at this point.

Sleeves would be a better option

Brian C
03-13-2010, 09:03 AM
I ordered a pair of non velcro APT Convicts, but got Velcros by mistake. Called them up and they sent me a new pair and told me to keep the old pair. So I took a razor blade and cut the velcro off the wraps and now have 2 pair. Work just as good. So, id say cut the velcro off :)