PDA

View Full Version : Band deadlift platform

brauny96
03-10-2010, 05:39 PM
Hello

In my next training cycle I would like to incorporate deadlifts with band tension. I have a platform, but no way to hook up bands. Does anyone have any suggestions on how to set them up? I can fabricate up just about anything so thats not a problem

Lones Green
03-11-2010, 08:11 AM
There are all different kinds of ways to do it.

You can use dumbbells on both sides of the bar, and plates to anchor the dumbbells. This takes forever

Or you can go to home depot and buy some hooks for pretty cheap and attach them to your platform, this is probably the easiest way

Adam
03-11-2010, 09:18 AM
Here's what I did before for my own band platform:

http://www.wannabebig.com/forums/showthread.php?59466-Homeaid-Jump-Stretch-Platform&highlight=

ThomasG
03-11-2010, 09:33 AM
I do the dumbbell thing but its such a pain in the ass to set up.

douglasoh5
03-11-2010, 09:45 AM
The way adam did it is good but I would speed them apart more so there is some tension in the bottom of the lift.

Lones Green
03-11-2010, 11:58 AM
I do the dumbbell thing but its such a pain in the ass to set up.

It really is, haha

brauny96
03-11-2010, 12:52 PM
Yeah I saw how Bob Gaynor sets his up, he takes a 2x12, 2 feet long, 2 of them, and puts two eyebolts(?) in them and then puts a 45 or 100 over them and does it like that. I wont be using enough band tension to need anything heavy duty so I think I might go with that

barbell01
03-11-2010, 01:01 PM
if you can fabricate, it will be vary simple. this is what i do: start with a sheet of plywood, weld a frame around the plywood with 2x2 square tubing, then weld 3 to 4 strips of flat stock that is 4 inches or so wide across the bottom of the frame. then get some 1 1/4'' solid rod, cut 4 pieces 2'' in length and 2 pieces 6' in length. use the 4'' pices to raise the 6' pieces off the long side of the frame. then paint it and fill the frame with plywood and rubber.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9h8OY8lGeag

sorry about the gayness of the video but you can see how it will look when its done. just pause it when you can get a good look at it.

NickAus
03-11-2010, 02:01 PM
Using dumbells and still having tension at the bottom can be done, you just wedge heavy dumbells behind each corner of the rack and then put a 25 flat on the floor against each dumbelll.
Set up bands so they look the same as if you had a jump stretch platform.
Because this type of set-up has the bands stretched a bit more the tension is more.
Hope this helps, hard to explain without some pics.

Adam
03-27-2010, 04:32 PM
The way adam did it is good but I would speed them apart more so there is some tension in the bottom of the lift.

I haven't used it in a loooooong time, but from what I can remember there was tension on the bottom

douglasoh5
03-27-2010, 05:36 PM
from the pictures the bands look a little loose. spread the out another foot total and it would be great