PDA

View Full Version : Good Trainer in the Birmingham Area?

StLRPh
03-12-2010, 04:33 PM
My dad has just started to lift weights and surprisingly (to him) he's enjoying it. He just retired from a high-stress desk job and realized that he doesn't want to feel like crap anymore. He's currently doing exclusively machines because he has horrible flexibility and no idea what he's doing.

We worked out together in my garage and initially he couldn't do an air squat but after a few days he could do a trapbar deadlift (which he really liked).

Are there any good places for him in the area to learn the basics? He's in Alabaster. I've actually worked out at Birmingham Barbell/Icon once and thought it was great so that's what I'm leaning towards recommending.

Thanks in advance,

StLRPh
03-14-2010, 10:19 AM
Anyone?

IRBS
03-14-2010, 04:40 PM
Birmingham Barbell/Icon Performance would be where I would look. Gold's in Gadsden has a killer Power room (Mono, Forza's, Elitefts Racks, RH, all the good stuff). The only other places are usually in guys garages.

StLRPh
03-14-2010, 05:55 PM
Birmingham Barbell/Icon Performance would be where I would look. Gold's in Gadsden has a killer Power room (Mono, Forza's, Elitefts Racks, RH, all the good stuff). The only other places are usually in guys garages.

Thanks. I'll have to give them a call this week.