PDA

View Full Version : Drinking water and urinating in middle of the night

soclydeza
03-12-2010, 07:26 PM
since ive been drinking a lot more water i find myself waking up in the middle of the night at least once to go to the bathroom on most nights. i dont have any bladder problems or anything, i just really hate the feeling of having to go while im trying to relax and sleep. anyone else get this?

Mercuryblade
03-12-2010, 09:07 PM
since ive been drinking a lot more water i find myself waking up in the middle of the night at least once to go to the bathroom on most nights. i dont have any bladder problems or anything, i just really hate the feeling of having to go while im trying to relax and sleep. anyone else get this?

I honestly can't think of a night in years when I haven't woken up to pee.
The worst is when I wake up 1/2hr to 1hr before I usually wake up for work. I basically just get tired enough to be angry when my alarm finally goes off.

We'll probably think of it as just a minor annoyance when our kidneys are still fully functioning at age 90.

Mark!
03-12-2010, 11:33 PM
I wake up most nights and have to pee horribly. My wife has woken up during me peeing and told me to be quiet, it sounds like a race horse peeing. Pretty powerful stuff when you're bladder is about to explode!

Daniel Roberts
03-13-2010, 02:49 AM
I drink up to 2 gallons of water a day, and waking up especially a couple hours before the alarm like mercuryblade is the worst. It affected my days to such an extent I may as well not had any sleep. Anyway, I just stop drinking anything after about 6pm, and now I sleep through. Incidentally, I will have the least amount of liquid wth my evening meals that allows me to eat comfortably, but that's maybe a glass tops.

VikingWarlord
03-13-2010, 10:00 AM
I drink a gallon and a half to 2 gallons a day and I don't ever wake up to pee. I do take a leak first thing in the morning though.

Sean S
03-13-2010, 10:03 AM
I'm like many of the others here and have had to get up at least once a night to pee for years. Unless I'm dehydrated to the point of having headaches and muscle cramps, I will wake up to pee. In fact I often have dreams about having to pee and not being able to find anywhere to do it right before I wake up to pee.

SquareHead
03-13-2010, 12:38 PM
I wake up 1-2 times a night to pee. It's when you start peeing without waking up that you have an issue.

Mark!
03-13-2010, 07:03 PM
I wake up 1-2 times a night to pee. It's when you start peeing without waking up that you have an issue.

No issue here...plastic sheets do wonders!!!!