PDA

View Full Version : has anyone cut weight while travelling long distances?

H_M
03-15-2010, 07:00 PM
i have a meet coming up in two months. it's a two day meet. the two guys i'm travelling with have signed up to lift in the pro class on saturday. i was gonna lift at 198 on sunday but agreed to try to make the 181lbs class which will also be held saturday so all three of us can make the trip back earlier. right now i weigh 195lbs. because i will sign up for the 181lbs class i plan on dropping to 192 - 191 before cutting the rest.

we will have around 3 hours after we arrive on friday night before weigh ins end so i plan to water load during the week and cut most of the weight during the trip.

my question is: how hard is it to cut weight while travelling long distances. i'll be doing the driving and it's an 11 hour drive to get there.

Robert Crawford
03-15-2010, 08:27 PM
Don't bother cutting 14 lbs. You'll feel terrible. Your total will suck. Your buddies should plan on staying an extra night.

Robert Crawford

waynedang
03-15-2010, 08:35 PM
It sucks!!!! I always had a hard time cutting with travel. I cut 18lbs on the same day I flew once. Almost missed weight. I cant imagine having to drive a long distance trying to cut. I am normall half out of it from the dehydration. Good luck

MarcusWild
03-15-2010, 09:13 PM
I don't think your friends will like stopping every 30-45 minutes so you can pee. You can do it though.

ScottYard
03-16-2010, 08:12 AM
I cut 25 lbs on a 9 hour drive to the arnold. Wasnt too bad. I didnt find it any worse then just sitting at my house.

H_M
03-16-2010, 04:49 PM
thanks guys. i'll really have to give this thing a thorough though.

scott, did you do anything "special" when you were cutting weight during your drive to make driving easier? i don't want to be behind the wheel and have people's lives in my hands if i'm half out of it.