PDA

View Full Version : Jason's training log part II

jmccown
03-16-2010, 07:00 AM
So I debated on whether to start a new training log or not and went through with it. I train religiously at least 2 days a week at my garage gym at home, most of the time by myself and don't have alot of time to track everything as far as my progress. I am a powerlifter and have competed in 4 events so far in the NASA fed. My first competition in Novembr 2008 I had a 365 bench press and a 465 or so deadlift raw. My next raw meet in spring 2009 I had a 385 raw bench, did not compete deadlift. My next meet in July 2009 was my best results. I hit a shirted 485 bench and a 517 deadlift, this was my first shirted meet. I actually hit a 502 on bench but got 2 reds and 1 white because my butt came off the bench ever so slightly. This was using a very loose Titan F6 single ply. After talking to several guys at the July meet I was recommended to go to a smaller size shirt but in the Super Katana. I started training in this shirt about a month before Nationals in October 2009 and couldn't get the shirt broke in in time but used it anyways, the results weren't good and I bombed all my attempts because it wasn't broken in yet. My results at home were very good with the shirt, having worked down to a 605 bench off a 1 board.

I have not competed since October 2009 and have really been focusing on my raw strength on my bench. I took almost all of December off to try to recover since my joints were aching so badly, but have been very focused since January and my lifts are better than ever.

FIrst off I want to make mention that I am guilty of trying to do too many heavy singles, rather than putting my reps in. I think it has taken me 3 years to realize this and it has hindered my progress.

My big focus in on bench and deadlift, I never was any good at squats. However, due to some recent medical concerns with rectal bleeding I have stopped deadlifting till I get through some medical checkups to make sure things are alright. I have a real passion for deadlifting so I'm praying that all goes well.

Looking forward I am potentially looking at my first meet in May 2010 and maybe another mid summer and then late fall. I'm hoping to keep my focus and need you guys to help me with any advice you can. I've been a memeber here for several years and have gained a wealth of knowledge from this site. Looking forward to getting stronger in 2010.

jmccown
03-16-2010, 07:07 AM
March 15th, 2010 ME bench session

135x10x2
225x10
315x5
365x3 work set
405x3 work set
415x2 work set

close grip bench
315x5x2
225x10x2

5 sets DB curls

Planning on starting some cardio back this week due to daylight savings time. My treadmill crapped out on me after 5 years so I've built a wooden version of the prowler that I'll be putting into action and I'm also looking for a tire to flip as well but am having a hard time finding the right size. They're all either too big or too small. I hate jogging but I guess that's my only option for a little while.

starting stats:
This mornings weigh in 243.5
age 30
height 5'11"
waist 36"
chest 50"
arms 18.75"
head - not nearly enough, lol.