PDA

View Full Version : Shirted Bench Vid

Cricket_Fire
03-20-2010, 01:38 PM
Hey all. Just decided to do a bench meet next weekend, but I've been doing everything raw lately so decided to "feel out" my shirt today

Anyone have any suggestions? My setup felt alright, but this was the first weight I've touched (and 2nd time being in a shirt) since December lol

aZHAyd7Uz4c

Cricket_Fire
03-20-2010, 01:38 PM
Shoot.. not sure if the embed work...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aZHAyd7Uz4c

douglasoh5
03-20-2010, 02:17 PM
looks like your wrist got rolled back some which made the lockout/flaring harder than it should have been. wrap your wrist up higher and it should fix the problem. everything else looks great though

Cricket_Fire
03-20-2010, 05:34 PM
Thanks man! Didn't notice that at all; I'll deffinatly wrap higher. Probably because I've been doing nothing but handling sub-300lbs for so long now I'm wrapping up a lot softer lol. Cheers :)

vdizenzo
03-20-2010, 08:53 PM
Nice catch douglas. Yeah, grip the bar tighter and pretend like you are trying to rip the bar in half. That will help you keep your wrists in a better position. Otherwise, your form looked good to me. Good luck with the meet.

Cricket_Fire
03-21-2010, 10:05 AM
Thanks Vin :)

AdamBAG
03-21-2010, 01:05 PM
Form looked good, but get some more spotters or bench in a power rack. One spotter is not enough when you are in a shirt.

SELK
03-21-2010, 03:28 PM
yeah some more spotters isn't a bad idea. I am with others, form looked pretty good.

drew
03-22-2010, 09:08 AM
Looks good. After your meet you may want to consider moving your feet forward and gettin your heels down. It will increase your stability and allow you to utilize more leg drive.

Cricket_Fire
03-22-2010, 02:59 PM
Thanks guys :)

Drew - you mean heels on floor, or just forward enough they're still up but I can drive them down harder?

robchris
03-22-2010, 06:27 PM
cricket,
Lookin' good bro for only the 2nd time in the shirt...

With some work, you're capable of a lot more!
RC

Barbaccio
03-24-2010, 06:43 AM
Cricket, looked great man! Your technique looks great you just need 2 fixes. First, the wrist. Others have already pointed that out so no need to say more. Secondly, it looks like you desperately need some speed work. Your strength handled that easy but you don't look to have any power. No explosion. (Everytime I say that word now I hear Borat in my head ROMANCE EXPLOSION!) Work some speed work against bands and get your speed back.

drew
03-24-2010, 08:01 AM
Thanks guys :)

Drew - you mean heels on floor, or just forward enough they're still up but I can drive them down harder?

Whatever works for you. I keep my heels on the floor and pick my toes up in my shoes. If you can get your feet in front of your knees, you should be able to get more power.

douglasoh5
03-24-2010, 08:16 AM
Cricket I would just move your toes forward an inch or so then really drive the heels down. If you was to go flat footed your arch would suffer alot. Some ppl can go flat footed and still maintain an arch. dave hoff, vinnie travis bell, but all are fairly short.

fasteddy
03-24-2010, 09:34 AM
nice bench although i think the guy in the hoodie in the back ground is stronger, LOL

Cricket_Fire
03-24-2010, 01:45 PM
Thanks all, appreciate the advice :)

Tone - will do. I've been doing nothing but raw work lately (5/3/1ish). I'll add in some speed work on my military day

Eddy - that machine is horrible; it's harder on your triceps holding it out in front of you then it is on your abs lol. Heard someone tell they're buddy "we're gonna do this one now... I love it cause I can really feel it in my biceps"

Cricket_Fire
04-06-2010, 01:58 PM
Here's the vid of my 2nd attempt (missed my 3rd right at the top)

n2i-NE3ObDY

Thanks for the help everyone :)