PDA

View Full Version : All messed up.

Tiare
05-04-2002, 11:29 PM
Guess I'm just posting for some feedback on diet and nutrition. Tell you my situation.

Been trying to change my life and become fit and healthy but I'm not very patient. I started at 237lbs, 32.7% body fat and no exercise, clinically depressed with a diet around 3500 cal/day and 50% fat. Started to work out and then decided to change my diet. I'm now at 1500 cal/day diet (15%-20% fat), do cardio for 70-85 min a day 5 days a week and resistance training 3 days a week for 1 hour. Drink about 2 gallons of water a day.

3 weeks later I'm at 224lbs, 24% body fat (3 point pinch test showed 21.6%, electo test showed 24.6%). 1st week I lost 8 lbs, 2nd week 4 lbs and third week 1 lb.

Thing is, I don't think that's realistic. Why did I drop that fast? Was it water weight falling off for some reason? Anyone seen that type of change and what goals should I be setting now? It just doesn't seem physiologically possible for the fat to fall that fast and the muscle to grow that fast (do the math, it's a loss of 23 lbs of fat and a gain of 11lbs of lean). Only supplement I'm taking is creatine -started it on the third week of the diet.

My diet is fairly balanced at 50/35/15 (c/p/f). tuttut I know somethings weird, what should I watch out for?

iLUDEd
05-05-2002, 12:03 AM
50c/35p/15f
your eating to many carbs.. try and aim for something like
45p/40c/15f
wow, ur a cardio machine.. 70-85min of cardio a day! ive never heard of so much cardio..
who says youve gained 11lbs of muscle? maybe this woz just muscle youve had, but never relised youve had it hidden under that bodyfat.. to gain 11lbs of muscle in 3 weeks is a bit 2 much imo.. if youve gone from 32 to 24% bodyfat, then its mainly fat your shredding so i doubt it has much to do with water.. whatever youd doing, keep it up

Tryska
05-05-2002, 10:32 AM
up your calories to at least 2200. you lost so much weight so fast the first 2 weeks because it was a combination of water, and the shock of deprivation...as you can see your weight slowed to only a 1lb lost as your body enters starvation mode.

up your calories to no less than 2200 calories a day, and mor like 25-2700 on those days wheny you are working out for 2 hours.