PDA

View Full Version : unilateral and bilateral eccentric exercises!

RossGers
03-21-2010, 11:20 AM
I'm planning a research proposal for my degree, which is based on either exercise or sport.

My hypothesis is based on unilateral and bilateral exercises to prevent hamstring injuries in football (Soccer) players. Primarily focusing on the eccentric portion of the exercise because literature shows that eccentric training prevents hamstring injuries.

However what do you suggest would be the best approach in terms of picking exercises? I.E. Picking different exercises for unilateral and bilateral intervention groups, or keeping the exercises the same but just using the one leg / two legs E.G. Dumbbell straight leg dead lifts, and lying leg curl. Personally I think to keep it realibe the exercises will need to be the same.

Dumbbell Romanian Deadlift
Lying Leg Curl
Swiss Ball Hamstring Leg Curl

What other exercises would you suggest? - Glute ham raises are very useful and evidence shows they work but they can't be done with one leg.

Thanks!

slashkills
03-21-2010, 11:33 AM
Maybe add single leg squats and lunges

RossGers
03-21-2010, 11:48 AM
Thought about backwards lunges - but whats the difference with one leg / two leg lunge, tis the same? NO?

phuongtim29
03-23-2010, 06:43 PM
Thought about backwards lunges - but whats the difference with one leg / two leg lunge, tis the same? NO?

I accept with information: Dumbbell Romanian Deadlift
Lying Leg Curl
Swiss Ball Hamstring Leg Curl