PDA

View Full Version : 15 Months of Pure Progress

tmor6
03-23-2010, 08:00 AM
Posted a couple progress pics last year. Here is another round with a current picture.

Here are four shots of progress:

This first picture is from about 4 years ago (Feb, 2006). I weighed about 150 pounds and was weak as crap. Over the next few years, I put on weight, but no muscle.

I began lifting in February of 2009, and the second shot is from May 2009. I had about 4 months of solid lifting.

The third picure if from July 2009 - about 6 months of lifting.

The fourth picture is from September of 2009 - about 9 months of lifting.

The fifth picture was taken earlier today - about 15 months of lifting. It's pretty amazing to look at the first 3 pictures and compare it to the last two because it really shows the progress. It's nice to have the shots (for guys new to weight lifting - take the time to photograph your journey!) Went from a max bench of around 105 pounds (Jan 2009) to a current bench max of 320 pounds (March 2010)--haven't updated the sig yet. Similar increases with squats/deadlifts.

JohnS
03-23-2010, 08:22 AM
Amazing progress, keep it up. It is unbelievable how you can change in only 15 moths.

Commute
03-23-2010, 10:25 AM
Awesome work... keep it up!

mchicia1
03-23-2010, 12:46 PM
"Went from a max bench of around 105 pounds (Jan 2009) to a current bench max of 320 pounds (March 2010)"

Are you sure you dont mean Jan 2007 or something? That is very difficult to believe that you upped your bench 200 pounds in 14 months, unless you were on the juice.

danisleet
03-23-2010, 01:13 PM
looking good, whats the current weight and height?

tmor6
03-23-2010, 06:02 PM
"Went from a max bench of around 105 pounds (Jan 2009) to a current bench max of 320 pounds (March 2010)"

Are you sure you dont mean Jan 2007 or something? That is very difficult to believe that you upped your bench 200 pounds in 14 months, unless you were on the juice.

Yes, positive--I WISH I could say I've been lifting for 3 years--I kick myself in the butt just thinking about where I would be if I'd started earlier.

I have a very extensive journal that I keep - I've also posted updates on this forum since the summer which will show some of the progress. And, I never lifted a weight in my entire live until Jan 2009 when I made a resolution to "not be fat".

Part of it has to be the fact that when I started lifting, I already weighed 200 pounds and have played sports my whole live--I've just never had much upper body strength. The first time I sent to the gym was at the the beginning of Jan 2009 for a new years resolution. Within 2-3 months, I had upped my bench to around 215 pounds, and I significantly increased protein intake. There's no much else to say really - the pics show the story. Part of it, I'm sure, is genetic. This is progress my friend.

And I certainly realize that my journey has been atypical--but I've spent a ton of time in the gym in the last year. I didn't work this past summer/fall (economy) and went to the gym every day; whatever anybody says about not going to the gym every day and all, I didn't listen to and it's really worked. I hit a similar routine 6 days a week and I have for the past year and I won't stop.

So yes, I understand your question and suspision but 15 months is plenty of time to increase 200 pounds on the bench with the proper attitude/diet and total dedication (and genetics--my Pop's is a beast).

tmor6
03-23-2010, 06:03 PM
looking good, whats the current weight and height?

Current weight: 205-210
Current height: 6'1"

mchicia1
03-24-2010, 07:02 AM
Yes, positive--I WISH I could say I've been lifting for 3 years--I kick myself in the butt just thinking about where I would be if I'd started earlier.

I have a very extensive journal that I keep - I've also posted updates on this forum since the summer which will show some of the progress. And, I never lifted a weight in my entire live until Jan 2009 when I made a resolution to "not be fat".

Part of it has to be the fact that when I started lifting, I already weighed 200 pounds and have played sports my whole live--I've just never had much upper body strength. The first time I sent to the gym was at the the beginning of Jan 2009 for a new years resolution. Within 2-3 months, I had upped my bench to around 215 pounds, and I significantly increased protein intake. There's no much else to say really - the pics show the story. Part of it, I'm sure, is genetic. This is progress my friend.

And I certainly realize that my journey has been atypical--but I've spent a ton of time in the gym in the last year. I didn't work this past summer/fall (economy) and went to the gym every day; whatever anybody says about not going to the gym every day and all, I didn't listen to and it's really worked. I hit a similar routine 6 days a week and I have for the past year and I won't stop.

So yes, I understand your question and suspision but 15 months is plenty of time to increase 200 pounds on the bench with the proper attitude/diet and total dedication (and genetics--my Pop's is a beast).

Thats insane then...

Bench is typically the toughest lift to increase...Everyone is different though. Maybe I just have ****ty genetics lol...If I increase 20 pounds in a year I am happy.

Painzer
03-25-2010, 06:25 PM
Very solid progress in 15 months! Keep it up!