PDA

View Full Version : Are knee wraps still considered raw?

ThomasG
03-23-2010, 08:04 AM
I though knee wraps were still considered raw just from what I've read around the forums. But just learned in my upcoming meet they're not allowed for raw lifters. Differs from federation to federation?

AdamBAG
03-23-2010, 08:15 AM
It differs from federation to federation.

Off the top of my head...
USAPL > wrist wraps, knee sleeves
APF > wrist wraps, no knee wraps
SPF > wrist wraps, knee wraps

Sean S
03-23-2010, 09:10 AM
IPA = wrist wraps, no knee wraps, no knee sleeves
APA = wrist wraps, knee wraps (I think this is correct, Scott Yard has done some APA meets raw and I'm pretty sure he used knee wraps)

SELK
03-23-2010, 10:51 AM
IPA = wrist wraps, no knee wraps, no knee sleeves
APA = wrist wraps, knee wraps (I think this is correct, Scott Yard has done some APA meets raw and I'm pretty sure he used knee wraps)

I am pretty sure i saw that yard had to compete in the geared division because of the knee wraps.

kind of funny that knee wraps are raw in some places, my raw squat with no belt or wraps is maybe 500, if i ad those its over 6 :D

ScottYard
03-23-2010, 01:32 PM
When I lifted IPA in just wraps I had to lift in the equipped division as they only allow belts in there raw division. The APA defines raw as wrist/knee wraps and a belt so thats where I lift now.

I dont get wrapped up in what some think is this or that. I just dont give a ****! I lift how I want to and let everyone else bicker about it.