PDA

View Full Version : First Shirt

rockofages
03-23-2010, 05:15 PM
Looking to buy my first shirt. The guy who has been helping me train suggest I go with a single ply rage x. How does this sound? Any suggestions?

robchris
03-23-2010, 05:45 PM
Really depends on your style bro... Are you an arched bencher or flat?

Flat= Inzer Rage or Titan fury
Arched= RageX or Titan F6

Both are good shirts but the titan is more affordable.
RC

ct67_72
03-23-2010, 06:41 PM
I liked my titan f6. very easy to learn, easy to touch. got 100+lbs out of it. (double ply) I definitely think its a good first shirt. I think it depends a lot on who you train with also, having experience plays a big role

Sidior
03-23-2010, 06:43 PM
Another vote for the F6. It was my first shirt, single ply. I got about 150lbs out of it.

douglasoh5
03-23-2010, 07:48 PM
Do you have ppl around you that know how to bench in a shirt? these shirts(rage, rage x, fury, f6) are fairly advanced shirts even though they are single ply.

Travis Bell
03-23-2010, 08:58 PM
I had a fury for my first shirt. So long as you get it sized a little big, you'll be fine.

Most people get them sized too tight in hopes that they will get a lot out of them in their first go round. Get this one big and get a tighter one later.

rockofages
03-23-2010, 09:30 PM
Alright cool thanks for the info. Yes I train with people who know how to use the shirt in fact I have a very good bench presser guiding my training. I will look into it some more as I want to compete at some point in the future. Thank you again.

Sidior
03-23-2010, 10:34 PM
I had a fury for my first shirt. So long as you get it sized a little big, you'll be fine.

Most people get them sized too tight in hopes that they will get a lot out of them in their first go round. Get this one big and get a tighter one later.

Great call! A shirt is significantly easier to get loose and grow into then dealing with the pain of touching in a tight shirt right away.

drew
03-24-2010, 08:26 AM
It doesn't matter that much what shirt you get. Just get one and start using it.

AdamBAG
03-24-2010, 08:34 AM
Alright cool thanks for the info. Yes I train with people who know how to use the shirt in fact I have a very good bench presser guiding my training. I will look into it some more as I want to compete at some point in the future. Thank you again.

Then you should just start trying out shirts that the other guys have. My first shirt was a double rage-x, but it belonged to a guy that weighed 250 when I weighed 215. If you have other shirted benchers you train with I would just start borrowing equipment and get a feel for it.

BloodandThunder
03-24-2010, 09:02 AM
Fury or F6 are both very good shirts for someone in your position. I still wear a Fury in training I bought 5 years ago and I've moved up in weight class since then. They're very durable and will last a while. You'll get good carryover after a few sessions in them (even if it's a little loose) and you can still work up to getting 1 or 2 hundred out of them with work.

Jon Elick
03-24-2010, 12:59 PM
Fury or F6. Better shirts. Better guarantees against blowouts & runners. Better results.

ct67_72
03-24-2010, 02:22 PM
I will add also when I thought I outgrew my F6, I sent it to Ken Anderson who scooped and reinforced the neck and opened the back, it was like having a new shirt again for not much money.
So the room to grow exists also, if you get used to it quick and need more, modify it.

mastermonster
03-29-2010, 11:04 PM
Agree with Fury or F6 depending on how much you arch. As mentioned above they are very durable. I trained in my 1st Fury for about 3 years; competing about 7-8 times a year and training in it once per week. I only stopped using it to go to the F6 when my arch improved.

theBarzeen
03-30-2010, 07:06 AM
+1 for the Fury...... my wife has been doing well with a single ply Overkill as well, but for a rank beginner that'd be too much shirt

I think I got 100lbs out of the Fury pretty easily before I moved on to Denim and then the super-poly shirts

If you go Titan call Ken Anderson

scott rowe
03-30-2010, 01:23 PM
ken anderson will get it to you the fastest and answer all the questions you have about it.

rockofages
04-02-2010, 04:40 PM
Hey thanks for the feedback! Looks like I am going to go with a fury. How do I get in contact with Ken Anderson?

AdamBAG
04-02-2010, 04:42 PM
Hey thanks for the feedback! Looks like I am going to go with a fury. How do I get in contact with Ken Anderson?

http://www.andersonpowerlifting.com/