PDA

View Full Version : My diet. Plz tell me what you think.

Tenant_in_chief
05-05-2002, 10:15 AM
Here is my diet:

7.00 3 slices of bread with tuna (100 grams of tuna), and 0.5 liter of milk.

10.00 3 slices of bread with slices of roast beef and 0,5 liter of milk.

14.00 3 eggs and 100 grams of rice and some veggies, 0.3 liter milk

17.00 200 grams chicken, 100 grams of rice and some veggies.

20.00 200 grams of salmon, 100 grams of rice and some veggies.

22.30 200 grams lean beef (steak), 100 grams of rice and some veggies.

During the day I also eat 1-2 bananas and a glass of orange juice and plenty of water (about 1.5 liter a day). All the bread I'm eating is coarse bread.

What do you think?

Behemoth
05-05-2002, 10:31 AM
Well what I think is you need to post your stats and goals. We can't tell you if that's good or not if you don't tell us what your trying to do. Post your height, weight, age, sex, if you bulking or cutting, how much bulking or cutting your trying to do, in what time frame your working with, and how often you lift weights, do cardio etc.

Tenant_in_chief
05-05-2002, 02:01 PM
Ok, deeply sorry. I'm bulking (if that's the term for trying to gain mass:)). I'm an 18 year old guy, who's 6'0 and 152 pounds. I have been lifting weights for 6 weeks now, of which the last three have been with low reps(4-8) and always lifting to failure. I'm working out 3 times a week; Tuesday, Thursday and Saturday.

I'm not doing any cardio.

Behemoth
05-05-2002, 03:13 PM
*smiles* don't be deeply sorry, it's no problem. From the foods it looks pretty clean (just as long as the bread mentioned is wheat not white). If you could add up the calories and grams of protein/fat/carbs in each meal that would be a great help. You seem like a fairly thin guy so that might not be enough, but it's hard to tell without knowing the calories and such. And as long as your bulking you probably don't need any cardio, sounds like your pretty much on the right track.

Tenant_in_chief
05-05-2002, 03:37 PM
Ok. Every meal has about 600 kcal. I try to make every meal no less than that. The bread meals at school might be a little less, so I eat about 3300 kcals or so during a day. As for the protein/carb/fat ratio, I don't really count it, but as you can see from my diet I do have some measurements. At every meal I eat ca. 30 g. of protein and then the rest of my kcals are mostly carbs. Some saturated fat from the light milk and the eggs, but apart from that, the fish is where I get my fat.

Behemoth
05-05-2002, 03:57 PM
3300 is probably right in the area you want, but the only way to know for sure is to experiment. It's really a good idea to count the P/F/C ratios, but just make sure your getting a whole lot of protein with a good amount of carbs and fat in moderation. Be sure to keep all 3 sources in each meal, don't one meal with all your protein and another with all your fat for the day.