PDA

View Full Version : Carb cycle changing mid day instead of overnight

greemah
03-26-2010, 05:59 AM
Instead of having high, low, and no carb days, I was thinking of having 24 hour periods of these carb levels, but changing around 6pm each day (instead of first thing in the morning).

The reasoning behind this is that I work out better on no carb days, but I want to start high carb days right after my workout for muscle recovery.

Is it ok to do this, or does carb cycling work by having you sleep inbetween changes in carb levels?

ScottYard
03-26-2010, 07:27 AM
Are you saying you train better on the no card days? IS you are I have the same problem. Im always exhausted on my high carbs days. As for a answer I have no clue lol Hopefully some one will chime in

greemah
03-26-2010, 04:41 PM
Yep, on high carb days I feel tired, have no energy, and feel like spewing during my workout. On no carb days I am stronger, have much more energy and feel great. Probably the opposite to most of the world but oh well lol

JSully
03-26-2010, 04:52 PM
I get the same thing. I try to limit my carb intake pre-workout and nothing within at least an hour of my workout. I have great workouts on no carbs.

I don't see a problem with changing over at 6pm if you're still eating the same amount of calories. I do a carbup mid-week at lunchtime on wednesdays then don't eat again until right before my workout (approx 6pm) when I have something little to hold me over. I have my full on carbup on saturdays and typically I'll start friday night so I can go out to dinner with my wife. Then something small in the morning pre-workout, like smarties, or pop tarts or something. Then afterwards I stuff my face.

Seems to work better for me like that. One thing I do enjoy is since I only have carbs twice a week, if I eat pop-tarts or something high in sugar for my pre-workout meal on saturdays, holy **** I'm loaded with energy. But if I eat anything of consistency, I feel like utter crap.

greemah
03-26-2010, 05:36 PM
Does the energy from high sugar food last through your whole workout or do you crash?