PDA

View Full Version : Need weightloss tips

TurboStu
05-05-2002, 10:32 AM
I am about 90 lbs overweight. I am serious about lifting, and for a long time I got some damn good gains. Now i need to focuss on my weight. I am about 290 give or take, and I need to lose 90 lbs (all of it being fat that needs to be lost, i accept that I will lose some muscle though too, but its ok, i can put it back on). What is the best way to go, I know i need cardio, but i have really bad knees, so i want to take it easy on them. Any suggestions? If I get dead serious about it, like doing cardio everday, maybe even twice a day, how long is it gonna take? Thanks for the help!

Reinier
05-05-2002, 11:08 AM
the best cardio which is light on the knees is probably swimming...

diet is the most important take a look at some diets posted before, try and make your own and post it here for critique

gregnb
05-05-2002, 03:35 PM
You should look into the low-carb diets. CKD being the best probably if you're going todo weight lifting. As for cardio you should try and do low intensity cardio (brisk walking) on an empty stomach for 30-40 minutes in the morning (if you're worried about losing muscle you can take in 5-10 grams of glutamine before you go).

Behemoth
05-05-2002, 04:01 PM
Unless going uphill or in a hard gear biking's fairly easy on the knees. But swimming is definetly easier on the knees if you have access to a pool. As for diet, low carb is probably the best way to go, make sure to keep your protein ^ though.

110%
05-05-2002, 07:31 PM
i agree with ckd for your diet choice, really any calorie deficit is going to give you results so just try to eat 12 X bw in calories per day. as for cardio i dont think u need to do it two times a day, once a day in the morning before any meals for 40 min or so of moderate intensity 4 days a week or more if u watn would work great.