PDA

View Full Version : DL helper tool

MikeWilliams
03-27-2010, 06:32 PM
http://i40.tinypic.com/14y4avd.jpg

does anyone have one of these? I'm looking for the dimensions so I can just make one myself..

any measurements? Height? Diameter of bar? Front leg to back leg?

muscle_g
03-28-2010, 11:16 AM
My gym has one made by Sorinex.

combatzr2
03-28-2010, 11:45 AM
i need one of those bad

Travis Bell
03-28-2010, 11:56 AM
Probably will be easier to just purchase one or estimate the measurements.

I understand the situation, however it cheats the guys who produce the helper when someone posts the specs for something like this. The policy that Ive stuck to in the past is that posts containing specs for equipment that is produced by a PL company (ex. Elite's prowler) are removed simply out of respect to the company.

People who make equipment have to work hard enough as it is to make money doing what they do.

ehopkins932
03-28-2010, 01:40 PM
If you dont feel like buying one, try this:

Say you have a 45 on each side. Put a 5 or 10 lb plate on the ground and roll the 45 onto it. So no its elevated and you can put as many other 45s on as you want. Works perfectly and will probably save you 50-100 bucks.

thewicked
03-28-2010, 04:52 PM
it's just round stock adn square stock or angle iron welded up. You can cut a 2 or 3" round stock left over in half..maybe just 4-5" worth in length and it'll cup the bar fine. Took 15 minutes to make but i've got alot of extra iron around in the shop.

in respect to travis's post I'm not posting alot of dimensions just because it should come to you if you have the materials...it'll not only look more professional buying one but with the weights that sometimes these tools have to handle you won't have to worry as to wether or not your contraption will hold up to rigorous use.

MikeWilliams
03-28-2010, 09:16 PM
thanks for the replies...I talked to a friend about it and he's making me one..drew it up on autocad and I should have it this week..

I already do the rolling of the barbell to slide on more plates and it just happens to be getting old...

Travis Bell
03-28-2010, 09:26 PM
in respect to travis's post I'm not posting alot of dimensions just because it should come to you if you have the materials...it'll not only look more professional buying one but with the weights that sometimes these tools have to handle you won't have to worry as to wether or not your contraption will hold up to rigorous use.

Posting specs of stuff that you have made personally is really not a problem (just clarifying)

The problem is people posting specs of already fabricated products that often have some sort of patent on them. I just feel it's a disservice to the companies

In this case though it's a rather trivial issue as the DL helper is something that is easy enough to construct on your own without specs, I was just explaining the why behind removed posts with specs in them is all.

Tom Mutaffis
03-29-2010, 06:38 AM
http://i40.tinypic.com/14y4avd.jpg

does anyone have one of these? I'm looking for the dimensions so I can just make one myself..

any measurements? Height? Diameter of bar? Front leg to back leg?

Mike,

The one that you posted a picture of can be purchased from APT for $46.75 if you use the 15% discount code.

Based on that price I do not think that it would make sense to fabricate one.

MikeWilliams
03-29-2010, 08:03 AM
Mike,

The one that you posted a picture of can be purchased from APT for $46.75 if you use the 15% discount code.

Based on that price I do not think that it would make sense to fabricate one.

I get what you and travis are saying...buy from a Powerlifting Equipment supplier...
I didn't realize that this would be a cause of concern here... so sorry if this offended anybody
either way my buddy will have it for me sometime this week, he's an engineer/welder and he has the materials so it's not that big of a deal...

Travis Bell
03-29-2010, 08:34 AM
Nobody is offended here :)

This stuff pops up every so often. Really not a big deal.

Tom Mutaffis
03-29-2010, 08:42 AM
I get what you and travis are saying...buy from a Powerlifting Equipment supplier...
I didn't realize that this would be a cause of concern here... so sorry if this offended anybody
either way my buddy will have it for me sometime this week, he's an engineer/welder and he has the materials so it's not that big of a deal...

You could always just use an automotive jack if you are training in your garage, or roll the plates onto a 5 lbs or 2.5 lbs plate and then you can pull plates on/off easily (recommended above).

AdamBAG
03-29-2010, 09:07 AM
If you are going to fabricate something why not build a deadlift jack like the ones used at meets where the entire bar is raised off the ground? Or are you looking for something you can throw in your gym bag?

MikeWilliams
03-29-2010, 01:10 PM
If you are going to fabricate something why not build a deadlift jack like the ones used at meets where the entire bar is raised off the ground? Or are you looking for something you can throw in your gym bag?

I don't have a lot of space to work with..it's small, quick and easy

Mick Manley
03-29-2010, 01:52 PM
I don't have a lot of space to work with..it's small, quick and easy

u have enough room for a dl bar, but not a dl jack?

MikeWilliams
03-29-2010, 03:56 PM
u have enough room for a dl bar, but not a dl jack?

I know... it's madness!

MikeWilliams
04-24-2010, 12:48 PM
anyways...here it is
my buddy made this and I picked it up awhile ago..works great!
http://i39.tinypic.com/2jcfyw7.jpg

Brian Hopper
04-24-2010, 05:33 PM
Looks good!!!!