PDA

View Full Version : Jim Wendlers 5/3/1 week one down

combatzr2
03-28-2010, 07:18 AM
After posting my workout on here about two weeks ago and being told to try 5/3/1, i have completed my first week. Must say that i am liking the simplicity of the workout. I feel the best i have felt in a long while after leaving the gym each day. I will continue to do this workout and try to keep updates to how i am doing. thanks all for suggesting the workout

ELmx479
03-28-2010, 10:18 AM
Sounds good man, good luck with the program. I just finished the 6th cycle on the program so it has been about 7 months for me. You have some very impressive lifts there. You should start a journal for sure.

combatzr2
03-28-2010, 11:44 AM
sounds like a plan...starting a journal time now

robchris
03-28-2010, 12:49 PM
5-3-1 is a great routine... Did it for my first year back PL'ing before going w/ the WSB routine.

Good Luck,
RC

Brian C
03-29-2010, 07:59 AM
Good luck bro. Its a great template. And thank you for serving!

tnathletics2b
03-29-2010, 08:08 AM
I have started my 2nd cycle last week and I am really liking it. Good luck with it!

And I echo the same, Thanks for serving!

Scooter
03-31-2010, 02:06 PM
I just started a second cycle as well. Can't wait to try my 1RM to find out the progress.

What accessory work have you all been doing? BBB, triumvirate, etc? Did you stay consistent through the entire cycle with it or switch it up each day?

combatzr2
03-31-2010, 11:38 PM
hey guys right now i'm doing the Periodization Bible by Dave Tate as my accessory work. I'm trying to keep the same lifts for the most part but changing up as i see needed once i get a good feelign for everthing i think i'll stay with the same lifts, started my second week yesterday. with standing military, then went into DB Bench, and Chin UPs only did 4 sets because they kicked my ass then ened with straight bar skulls, once again i made myself puke. working my ass off in the gym now. i feel like i'm getting more out of my workouts now that i've cut back all of the accessory work. i've also started a Journal called Shuta's 5/3/1 Log if you all would like to check it out.

Happy Lifting

snoack
04-05-2010, 09:26 AM
Into my second week of my first cycle. Doing for squat, BP, and DL. Combining it with Oly lifts and assistance moves (power cleans, snatches, jerks, overhead squats, front squats) which I've been doing for a little over a month now and feels like a great combination to this point.