PDA

View Full Version : Calories For Strength?

Pure Water
03-28-2010, 07:39 PM
According to this thread:

http://www.wannabebig.com/forums/showthread.php?t=46565

I need to add 500 calories to my diet to bulk. Is it the same for gaining strength?

What's the equation for calories for gaining strength?

Allen Cress
03-28-2010, 09:02 PM
Their is no such equation. There is no specific diet plan made for strength, its just about feeding your body the proper amounts of calories to perform at its best and no more. Now if you are talking about eating for size or eating to get lean then that is more specific but still no magical formula jsut a base formula to start with and adjust as you go. Everyone requires different amounts of calories regarless of weight and trainging program.

Pure Water
03-28-2010, 09:44 PM
I know that I'm still going to be getting bigger when I'm going for strength, but are you saying that I could bulk and get strength at the same time? Huh?

I weigh 174 pounds right now, been bulking for a while, and I want to be lean at 185 pounds with good size, strength, and endurance. Should I just continue with the add 500 calories to bulk but just switch to a strength program now?

Allen Cress
03-28-2010, 09:56 PM
If you are training for strength then the diet will dictate if you add muscle or not. You can add 500 and then re-assess after about 3 weeks and go from there, that may be too many or just enough.

Pure Water
03-29-2010, 03:31 PM
OK, so when I do strength training, if I'm not making gains, then I will add more calories to my diet until I do start making gains. Thank-you.