PDA

View Full Version : Diabetic

bambamm89
03-30-2010, 02:39 PM
I'm diabetic and trying to lose weight while working out. I'm not trying to bulk up, just tone and mostly focus on weight loss. Low carb diets are not an option because my blood sugar would constantly go too low. What is a good way to cut excess fat/calories, without cutting out the carbs I need?

Mercuryblade
03-30-2010, 02:48 PM
I'm diabetic and trying to lose weight while working out. I'm not trying to bulk up, just tone and mostly focus on weight loss. Low carb diets are not an option because my blood sugar would constantly go too low. What is a good way to cut excess fat/calories, without cutting out the carbs I need?

Your goals sound simple enough. Peruse the stickies and the articles on this site. It's very easy to cut calories while still eating carbs (I'm hypoglycemic so I absolutely loath low-carb diets).
If you still have questions after educating yourself some more, feel free to ask.

Sean S
03-30-2010, 03:02 PM
There's no real magic plan. It's about food choices and portion sizes. You also may be able to lower your CHO intake without it being low carb. Of course, that has alot to do with your medication plan and dosage and may need some professional assistance to adjust these things.

dawn01
03-31-2010, 09:37 PM
Get your doctor's approval before starting a weight loss program. This is especially important if you are also exercising, as this will affect your glucose levels.

ThomasG
03-31-2010, 09:41 PM
Are you diabetic type 2 or 1? Have you tried low carb before? Some diabetics respond very well to it.