PDA

View Full Version : 200x6 Db rows at 200lbs bw

ironwill727
03-30-2010, 08:02 PM
Axle Cleans 185x7. Db rows- 200x6 bw for reps goal met.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=o9w3847JBW4

Painzer
03-30-2010, 08:29 PM
I honestly wouldn't call that a DB row. the range of motion is very poor.

NickAus
03-30-2010, 08:56 PM
That's pretty much the same range of motion I do-well done!!

Commute
03-31-2010, 07:19 AM
I think with 160-175 you'd get a much better range of motion as mentioned above. I only use 120's at the gym to ensure I get proper form.

the one
04-01-2010, 07:57 AM
i think rom is fine. good work

ironwill727
04-04-2010, 03:52 PM
The ROM is floor to chest. How much further can it get? I have to use 25s because I don't have enough 10s nor will they fit the db so I gotta train with what I got. I train to be strong not to be a bodybuilder.

joey54
04-04-2010, 04:42 PM
The ROM is floor to chest. How much further can it get? I have to use 25s because I don't have enough 10s nor will they fit the db so I gotta train with what I got. I train to be strong not to be a bodybuilder.

That's great, but your range of motion is limited, the movement is jerky, and you are probably using more weight than you need to. This video is no different than the kid curling the 80 lb db's. If this style of training works for you, good. But, don't be surprised when one comments on less than stellar form if you post a video of your training. There are tons of critics on the internet in general, and people find all sorts of things to critique. Again, just know when you put stuff our there, be prepared for this to happen. If you are meeting the goals you set for yourself and happy with your progress, that is all that matters.

WBBIRL
04-04-2010, 07:15 PM
Strong work. Agreed the form isn't picture perfect and the motion isn't 100% but its big weight and hard work.

If that movement is getting results then stick with it. You'll always have the critics.

edit: unless Im using more then 100 pound DBs my ROM looks pretty much like that. Maybe a little slower and controlled but I also have never done them with more then 120 pound DB's either.

NickAus
04-04-2010, 08:02 PM
Once again they look good to me, I have had better results doing my db rows in a similar manner.

They hit your mid back very well that style which is what I'm after.......

ironwill727
04-06-2010, 10:57 AM
I wouldnt say Matt Kroc uses picture perfect form on his 300lb db rows but you can not argue with the results. And yes this has worked very well for me because my back is stronger than ever and this has helped my bench and DL increase nicely.

f=ma
04-06-2010, 06:27 PM
looks good to me. my form is similar and my back has never been better

Travis Bell
04-06-2010, 07:16 PM
Good grief guys, they are dumbbell rows.

Some people (Kroc was mentioned) get better results out of using a less than orthodox form. Big deal.

The video above wasn't really bad form at all. Pretty good for 200lb DB rows!

With something like this, the wrong form is the one that injures you. If he is fine doing it this way, so be it. LOL

gregory.rox
04-06-2010, 08:09 PM
To me.. It looks like he needs a bigger room... Or something... Its too cluttered and too small to be a lifting environment (at least it is for me..)

I mean... Come on... There is a dresser behind him while hes cleaning.... Whats he gonna do if he accidentally falls? Thats going to hurt like hell....

But anyways... 200 lb db rows.............. all i can say is...... wow!

Keith
04-06-2010, 08:48 PM

Some people (Kroc was mentioned) get better results out of using a less than orthodox form. Big deal.

With something like this, the wrong form is the one that injures you. If he is fine doing it this way, so be it. LOL

This.

Very strong rowing, dude! BW dumbbell row for any reps is very impressive!

jbrin0tk
04-06-2010, 09:03 PM

x2

Good job, man.