View Full Version : readjusting routine, need opinions

jtteg_x
03-31-2010, 02:45 AM
Current program:
Tues - DE Bench
Thur - ME Deadlift (train raw and solo)
Sat - ME Bench

Proposed change:
Mon - ME Deadlift (will have access to partner to train with and help with suit...push-pull meet anyone?)
Tues - DE Bench
Sat - ME Bench

I understand that deadlifts work the entire back which is why I'm a little skeptical as I do rowing/pull up variations on both DE and ME bench days. Secondly, I lose my resting days in-between workouts. The pros of doing so are that I can actually train for a push-pull meet and have some nice rest before ME bench (my main priority). What do you think, PL's of WBB?

robchris
03-31-2010, 06:14 PM
JT,
have you considered swaping your bench days around? Pulling will have less impact on your DE work than ME.

You'll be benching again(Tues.) 72 hours after the DE work which is plenty of recovery time. (per WSB)
my .02
RC

jtteg_x
04-01-2010, 02:58 AM
ME bench must stick to Saturdays as that's when we train as a whole group. Everything else lies on: Mon, Tues, or Thurs.

vdizenzo
04-01-2010, 05:37 AM
It's better to train with a partner. Give it a go and see how you feel after a month or so.

ScottYard
04-01-2010, 09:55 AM
Ever try pulling on the same day? I like to do that. Gives you a better perspective of your numbers as you will aslways squat before you pull meet day.

robchris
04-01-2010, 05:18 PM
Ever try pulling on the same day? I like to do that. Gives you a better perspective of your numbers as you will aslways squat before you pull meet day.

Good point... I have done this as well, esp. closer to a meet.

RC