PDA

View Full Version : Is it better to get vitamins and minerals from supplements or from food?

dawn01
03-31-2010, 09:54 PM
Now i'm taking supplements and i took them even if i haven't take my meal. . isn't it dangerous? which is better, the vitamins and minerals that i get from food or from supplement?

dethbydumbell
03-31-2010, 10:39 PM
I am a healthcare professional and anyone that knows what they are talking about will always tell you food. Food is the best way to get nutrients. However, no one ever gets exactly what they need from food, this is why vitamins are used to fill in the gaps. As far as veggies are concerned, the best one hands down is brocolli. It is the most well rounded vegetable out there. Don't forget rice and beans. They are great sources of nutrients as well. Don't worry about getting too many vitamins because our bodies are great at handling what we dont need, however, it hurts when we get too little. So eat at least 5 fruits or veggies a day and take a well-rounded multi-vitamin and you should be good to go.

peteraugusts
03-31-2010, 11:07 PM
Vitamin and minerals from supplements help our bodies stay healthy and young, as well as help ward off diseases. While the many benefits of vitamin supplements have been known for years, they're just now beginning to gain the level of public awareness they deserve.

Most people find it difficult to get the right amount of nutrients needed from their food alone. Even the healthiest of eaters usually fail to get the recommended daily amount of vitamins and minerals.

The single best thing that you can do for your body is to eat a well balanced diet and supplement it every day with a quality multivitamin. Your body will get the nutrients it needs from the food and from supplements, backed up by the multivitamin for a super power-packed effect.

Holto
04-01-2010, 01:40 PM
You can get too many of the fat soluble vitamins:

K
A
D
E