PDA

View Full Version : Ran out of Dextrose

fixationdarknes
04-01-2010, 04:20 PM
In the mean time while I order some more Dextrose for my workout shakes, would it be okay to use either table sugar or a sugary drink like Root Beer? I was reading the nutrition label for the soda and it says high fructose corn syrup, which from what I understand is about half glucose and half fructose, which I guess is what table sugar is right? Would it be any different if I drank water mixed with table sugar or drank root beer? Both same form of sugar right?

Any input is appreciated, thanks.

ThomasG
04-01-2010, 04:37 PM
http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/en/thumb/9/91/Smarties.png/220px-Smarties.png

There are 25 calories and 6 grams of sugar in a roll of Smarties.[1] Ingredients include: dextrose (may contain corn syrup solids and/or maltodextrin), citric acid, calcium stearate, artificial flavors, colors.

joey54
04-01-2010, 06:48 PM
Or skittles.

fixationdarknes
04-01-2010, 06:53 PM
Oh cool, totally forgot about the uses of candy! Thanks guys, I will get some of that for some variation to my pre-workout intake XD

In general though is high fructose corn syrup (coke) not really that effective for pre-WO insulin spikes?

ThomasG
04-01-2010, 07:15 PM
Oh cool, totally forgot about the uses of candy! Thanks guys, I will get some of that for some variation to my pre-workout intake XD

In general though is high fructose corn syrup (coke) not really that effective for pre-WO insulin spikes?

It's effective however not optimal.

fixationdarknes
04-02-2010, 03:59 PM
Hm I see, thanks.

One more Q: When candies say "corn syrup" in the ingredients is that implying that the sugar within it is pure glucose? Like a Snickers bar for example. Are candies in general actually okay to use as pre-workout nutrition (I'd still eat other stuff, but just as the sugar part of pre-workout nutrition) when they are made from corn syrup?