PDA

View Full Version : cutting in the sauna

cameronp81
04-03-2010, 09:55 AM
how much should I look to lose from 2-3 hours in the sauna?

Travis Bell
04-03-2010, 10:02 AM
A lot, but don't sit in the sauna for 2-3hrs.

You need to go 15-20min in, 5min out for no more than 1 1/2hrs

Then take a break for 30-45min.

Cutting weight by heat alone can be risky if not done right. Last thing you want to do is pass out. But if done right (everyone is different) you could probably drop 10+lbs

ScottYard
04-03-2010, 11:15 AM
How much do you need to cut. I have never used a sauna for cutting. I think it zaps you too much.

robchris
04-03-2010, 12:07 PM
How much do you need to cut. I have never used a sauna for cutting. I think it zaps you too much.

Agreed... Same w/ a whirlpool.(old wrestling method) How much are you lookin' to lose?
RC

cameronp81
04-03-2010, 03:27 PM
I have never done it either that's why I was getting some pointers, i only need to lose about 7-8 pounds. should i drink anything before i go in and then right after?

AdrianLarsen
04-04-2010, 07:09 AM
I try and cut 12-15 pounds before every comp. I agree it does zap you a little but the idea is to completly hydrate after weighing in. I really enjoy cutting weight in the sauna. What I try and do is a two weeks out I will start just doing 15 mins in the sauna just to start getting my body used to the heat. Stay hydrated drank a ton and cut out all salts. When I am 4 days out I will do two sauna sessions one in the am and one in pm about an hour long for both doing 15-20 in and 10 out doing cardio trying to keep heat. In the sauna just stay moving wearing plastics or layers of clothes. Then drink about 25oz of water that day continue this until day before weigh in and then maybe pick it up to three sessions if needed.

Mick Manley
04-04-2010, 09:01 AM
all you need to do is cycle water, 7lbs aint nuttin u shouldnt need to hot tub at all.

4 days out, start drinking 2 gallons of distilled water a day. 2 days before weigh ins, cut your carbs way down and your salt. The day before weigh ins cut out your food and water completely. Monitor your weight, if youre where you need to be, eat some protein, no carbs or water tho.

After weigh ins drink ur pedialyte and take an immodium. I usually drinki 3 liters of pedialyte as well. I also cap about 6k worth of sodium as well and take about 2k rite after i weigh in. Eat as many cals and sodium as u can through the day as well as much gatorade as u can.

cameronp81
04-04-2010, 09:18 AM
does anybody have any alternatives to a sauna, my meet is tomorrow and i still need to cut 4-5 lbs. all saunas are closed because of easter. what are some quick options? how can i make a mock sauna?

ThomasG
04-04-2010, 09:44 AM
does anybody have any alternatives to a sauna, my meet is tomorrow and i still need to cut 4-5 lbs. all saunas are closed because of easter. what are some quick options? how can i make a mock sauna?

Turn your bathroom into a sauna.

cameronp81
04-04-2010, 09:44 AM
can you explain the steps please

ThomasG
04-04-2010, 09:57 AM
can you explain the steps please

1. Close bathroom door.
2. Turn water too hottest temperature.
3. Let your shower steam up your bathroom.