PDA

View Full Version : how bad is 1 soda a day..

teeblair30
05-05-2002, 07:22 PM
how much would 1 can of coke hurt you if you drink it a noon with lunch.. its 140 calories but 39 grams of sugar.. i tired diet coke but it just tastes like ...... i do drink lots of water and skim milk..and dont drink beer...need some opinions..thanks

110%
05-05-2002, 07:25 PM
39 grams of sugar is definitely not good at all for you, at an inactive time this is going to cause a pretty big insulin spike and most of the glucose is going end up being sent to fat tissue to be stored as bodyfat. i would advise against it.

Orange357
05-05-2002, 07:48 PM
you will die...seriously;)

BCC
05-05-2002, 08:12 PM
high fructose corn syrup will kill you

nejar462
05-06-2002, 03:17 PM
these people are exagerrating, if the rest of your diet is clean i can't see how this would ruin it.

Relentless
05-06-2002, 04:24 PM
Having one a day probably won't kill you, but:
- ask yourself why you want the Coke
- ask yourself if it's worth risking the benefits you're gaining with other efforts (diet/training)
- analyze the way Coke feels/tastes in your mouth; you may decide you don't like it and it tastes chemicalish if you think about it enough; most people gulp this crap down without hardly tasting it

I'm not usually a strict 'diet nazi' myself (though I am getting harsh with myself for the next 4-6 weeks as I attempt a cutting phase) but what I found was that the healthier I ate, the healthier I WANTED to eat. I don't drink soda anymore... if I want a sweet drink, I'll have some juice.

Think about it... beyond the sugar, there's also a pretty big caffiene spike in there as well, which means a diuretic effect and increased heartrate, etc... which may conflict with your other fitness goals.

Another idea: If you wanna have a fizzy drink with lunch, what about a Perrier or something instead?

Callahan

hotgirl_03
05-06-2002, 06:01 PM
i agree with callahan. why do u need to drink a coke everyday. drinking coke everyday is very unhealthy, plus it turns ur teeth yellow/brownish color. pop is ok to have every once in a while but u shouldnt over intake it. it may be wiser to drink water or if u want a change fruit jucies are healthy and good. u definately (sp?) need to want to be healthier, but drinkin coke it not good for u. most of that sugar u drink will turn to fat if not used as energy. its something that u should ponder the long term effects.

Nugget
05-06-2002, 06:44 PM
How about diet soda ? Is that just as bad ?? I realize the caffine will cause an insulin spoike... but would this hinder the efforts of one on a cutting diet, trying to lose bf ? :confused:

SShadow
05-06-2002, 06:47 PM
drop the cokes and start seeing the BF go down. switch to something like ice tea with a sweet and low. all that sugar and high fructose corn syrup is freaking out your metabolism. if you need to, have one a week. that'll keep your metabolism on it's toes.

nejar462
05-06-2002, 07:15 PM
sorry iwas unclear, they're right, but if you really, really want the coke, and the rest of your diet is clean, which means no cheat meals, go ahead and drink some.

hotgirl_03
05-07-2002, 07:41 PM
some yes, but a coke everyday cant be good for u

tony touch
05-08-2002, 10:11 AM
instead of thinking how drinking 1 coke might hurt you you should be thinnking "Can this help me?" how you answer that question will determine how bad you want to improve your physique

Snaper
05-10-2002, 05:39 PM
coke every day? i really don't know the answer but i do know that the acid in coke could really be bad for the bones. I loved coke but realized that i can't be drinking it all the time. I haven't had a coke in like 6 months now. All I have to say is that its bad for the bones and teeth.

iLUDEd
05-12-2002, 07:30 PM
coke tastes like crap anyways.. id chose a glass of ice water over a glass of coke any day

davetha1
05-12-2002, 10:19 PM
Is it just me or does anyone else notice when you drink a can of coke it feels like your downing 12 ounces of acid? :)

TerryRay
05-15-2002, 05:58 AM
I used to like Pepsi more than any drink, now I like Sprite and that is what I drink almost daily. I think it is ok as long as it is not the only drink I have beside protein drinks, water, etc...

Wizard
05-15-2002, 08:38 AM
I only drink Soda water and sometimes a diet coke. As long as they don't contain sugar they're ok. Don't care about the phosphates..