PDA

View Full Version : Super Katana cutting right arm only

jmccown
04-05-2010, 01:32 PM
I have a super katana that is still not broken in yet that I bought early winter. Every time I train in it the shirt cuts into my right arm so badly that it bleeds (slightly). The left arm doesn't do this at all. Last Monday I benched in the shirt and have a long scab going from under my elbow all the way up to my shoulder on the under-side of my arm, down the middle of my tricep the shape and length of the stitching on the shirt. Since the left sleeve doesn't do this at all I'm wondering if something is defective about the shirt. Other than extreme pain when I'm near touching the shirt feels okay and isn't tight I don't think. I'm trying to stretch the sleeves out a big because my arms are too big for the shirt the way it came. I took a ball and inflated in the sleeves and left overnight. I will use the shirt again tonight so hoping it doesn't cut me as badly.

shocker4221
04-05-2010, 05:13 PM
I have a similar problem, but with both arms. I am new to shirt benching and ordered a Rage from Inzer. I followed the sizing chart and even got it a hair big but can't get the shirt over my arms to seat the shirt in my arm pits. Let me know how the ball in the sleeves work and what type of balls if you don't mind.

robchris
04-05-2010, 05:49 PM
Had a similar problem w/ my SK... If your right handed, you may be favoring that side slightly as I was.

Also, my right arm and shoulder are a little bigger than the left so that could explain some of the additional tightness you're feeling. No ones body is exactly symmetrical, however it wouldnt hurt to check the shirt and ensure the seams are in fact even.

If its a shirt defect, send it back for alternations.
Once the shirt is broken in good you'll feel the pain & pinching less and less... Have you tried wetting it down yet? That really helps during the break-in period.
RC

jmccown
04-06-2010, 08:19 AM
after some stretching of the sleeves with an inflatable ball the pain was not nearly as bad after last nights workout but still left it's signature on my arm, there was no bleeding this time. Looks like the ball trick worked for me.

AdrianLarsen
04-06-2010, 04:11 PM
Just some tips here next time when ordering a shirt just keep in mind that you can get a different sleeve size some people order a chest plate one size and arm sleeves another. Ken Anderson can help you with that. Also Using the deflated soccer ball seemed to help a little and getting the shirt wet with really hot water before putting it on will help as well.