PDA

View Full Version : Truck pull advice (form, etc)...

MadChef
04-05-2010, 03:59 PM
Just got done pulling my buddies jeep... what an amazing lift! It's something I've done a few times in the past, and we just recently began to time our intervals. After 600 feet, my legs feel like balloons and I can hardly stand. The pump, it feels like commmming... haha. Well, anyway, I feel like we're just kinda winging it with this, I know there is some form to it. Does anyone here have any form tips or any advice at all, maybe exercises to supplement with this? Any input is appreciated.

Tom Mutaffis
04-05-2010, 04:01 PM
Just got done pulling my buddies jeep... what an amazing lift! It's something I've done a few times in the past, and we just recently began to time our intervals. After 600 feet, my legs feel like balloons and I can hardly stand. The pump, it feels like commmming... haha. Well, anyway, I feel like we're just kinda winging it with this, I know there is some form to it. Does anyone here have any form tips or any advice at all, maybe exercises to supplement with this? Any input is appreciated.

Are you doing it for general GPP or doing it to get better at truck pull for a competition?

I can offer a few tips depending on your objective.

MadChef
04-05-2010, 04:24 PM
Just GPP, but my sport is MMA. My objective is to use the truck pull to increase my endurance and (obviously) explosiveness.

Right now I'm pulling it for 3 sets of 3 60ft lengths. So, I pull it 50-60 feet, push it back, repeat that 3 times total for 1 set.