PDA

View Full Version : Food Cravings, Eat more?

Hdspeedwild
05-05-2002, 08:23 PM
Side note: I am 6,3 180. I am currently intaking 2500 calories and rising while comming off of a cutting phase.

I find it easy to avoid foods at times but then there are times when I just eat and eat. I sometimes feel sick afterwards but satisfied.

Question:
Are food cravings a sign that I my body needs more food?

Also am I the only one who keeps eating just because there is food sitting on the dinner table even though i keep telling myself not to?I hate this!

Paul Stagg
05-07-2002, 08:37 AM
Could be that you need food... could be that you don't.

MWB
05-07-2002, 09:39 AM
If you are dieting you have to make a plan and stick to it. You can't eat food just because it's there. Are you physically hungry? Stomach growling? Hungry at night when you go to bed? Then you might not be eating enough.

Tiare
05-07-2002, 01:02 PM
Could be that you're not getting enough of something. Start paying attention to HOW you are hungry then see what satisfies it.

I can tell when my body wants protien or fat or carbs because I've payed a lot of attention to what satisfied me when I'm hungry (there are different kinds of hungry) and if I give my body what it wants, it quits pestering me but if my body wants fat and I eat an apple, it does zippo to help satisfy me.

Hdspeedwild
05-07-2002, 05:26 PM
I am not Cutting. I am more or less at maintanance. I am still taking in fewer calories than my maintance however I am gaining weight and I believe very little fat. I would like to satisfy my cravings with less guilt but am afraid of gaining fat. My schedule is never really the same except on Monday, Wednesday, and Friday. The other days I may be doing manual labor or computer work. Could this be part of it? I only seem to get hungry on the weekends and am thinking it is because i have depleted something I need throughout the week and am only getting enough on the weekend.
Will eating at those times, sometimes right after a meal, put on more fat or actually be used?

Tryska
05-08-2002, 06:42 AM
what kind of food do you crave exactly?

Hdspeedwild
05-08-2002, 06:53 AM
It seems to be salty foods, like peanuts, chips, pretzels. But last time it was Chips and salsa and turkey pot pie on sat and sun. But I think it is more or less just fats. I been at about 18-22% of cals from fat.
Could it be my macronutrients need to be adjusted? What is a good split?
I had worked harder on sat than most of the week, should i have upped calories that day?

Tryska
05-08-2002, 07:59 AM
yeah...you definitely want to adjust your calories to the amount of calories you burn on any given day.

also, don't go below 30% for fat calories iny our diet, particularly considering how much you work, you need at least that much to keep your body in order.

Hdspeedwild
05-08-2002, 09:26 PM
Thanks for your help!
I'll give that a try.

Jane
05-09-2002, 03:29 PM
Definitely try upping the fat percentage, it should make great reductions in your cravings.