PDA

View Full Version : Modded katana

Ben F Burgess
04-06-2010, 03:36 PM
Guys i am currently using a stock 42 single ply katana. I can touch less than my raw max in it , so i guess it's pretty loose. I know this shirt can give an awesome carryover but right now im only getting around 55 lbs out of it. I lift at 181 but usually train a bit over this (right now about 187lbs).

The arms bite around the back of my arms pretty tidy and i wouldnt want the sleeve cuffs much tighter either. I am looking at sending the shirt to Ken Anderson to get it altered.

So i guess the things to look at are getting the neck scooped and the super collar putting on it and getting the chest plate tightened.

Ken asked me to tell him how much i need the chest plate taking in by...anyone got any idea? Any other mods i should get (IPF legal)? I was thinking of maybe an inch off the chest plate - does that sound a lot?

A few stats:

187lbs
5'6
bigger back, smaller pecs
measurement around chest (tape under armpits) is ~43.5"
flexed arm is ~15.25"
IPF

thanks lads.

douglasoh5
04-06-2010, 04:03 PM
I know the super training dudes say to get the arms taken in first. and If its only biting the arms a little its def to loose. those shirts should feel like your arms are being ripped off.

macmad
04-06-2010, 10:43 PM
Ben,
I would suggest keeping that shirt as a training shirt, and getting a new Super Katana instead.
If a shirt has been heavily modded you may have difficulties getting it past the IPF gear check.
If it's easy to touch, maybe a 40 chestplate and same size arms may work better for you.
Or just a stock 40 Super Katana
I find a bigger chestplate and smaller arms works best for me, But I have a bit of fat for the shirt to squish.
Another thing I've noticed is that touching higher on the chest can maximise carryover ( watch videos of the russians and ukrainians ). I can touch my raw max to belly in Super Katana, but to touch Sternum for IPF rules needs about 40kg over raw max.

AdamBAG
04-07-2010, 04:37 AM
I think taking the chest in to match a 40 shirt might work. Depends on how much this one is stretched out.

I've got a 50 and a 48. The 48 is well used. The chest plates pretty look exactly the same now. The sleeves on the 48 are much tighter.

Ben F Burgess
04-07-2010, 12:52 PM
I know the super training dudes say to get the arms taken in first. and If its only biting the arms a little its def to loose. those shirts should feel like your arms are being ripped off.
Damn i was hoping someone wouldnt say that...would tighter arms make it harder to touch and give more support you think then? Seemed to me that as the chest plates is what stretches as the bar goes down, that would be the thing to get tightened.

I would suggest keeping that shirt as a training shirt, and getting a new Super Katana instead.
If a shirt has been heavily modded you may have difficulties getting it past the IPF gear check.
If it's easy to touch, maybe a 40 chestplate and same size arms may work better for you.
Or just a stock 40 Super Katana
I find a bigger chestplate and smaller arms works best for me, But I have a bit of fat for the shirt to squish.
Another thing I've noticed is that touching higher on the chest can maximise carryover ( watch videos of the russians and ukrainians ). I can touch my raw max to belly in Super Katana, but to touch Sternum for IPF rules needs about 40kg over raw max.
Well i am not planning on getting any non-approved mods, just the scoop neck (which is IPF approved) and the thing tightening up. I touch at bottom of sternum, defo can touch there with less than raw max so yeag i think its a touch loose.

I think taking the chest in to match a 40 shirt might work. Depends on how much this one is stretched out.

I've got a 50 and a 48. The 48 is well used. The chest plates pretty look exactly the same now. The sleeves on the 48 are much tighter.
Cool, this is what i was thinking...i had a look at a 40 the other day, id say the chest on my 42 is over an inch bigger

douglasoh5
04-07-2010, 01:07 PM
hit up mark bell...he knows the shirts more than me. I do know the japenesse get those katanas a cpl sizes to big then get the arms taken in alot. looks like they have the arms shortened then tappered down to the elbow. So it goes just past the elbow. Im not 100% though