PDA

View Full Version : need easy diet

adunn11
04-06-2010, 07:10 PM
hey guys,

i am just starting powerlifting and im also trying to throw in a little bit of bodybuilding as well.
I need some tips on a diet that i could easily fit into my routine. I have school til 3 then i have weight lifting and track til about four thirty. then i usually go to work. i need a diet that i can fill in the free time of my day. any suggestions?

VikingWarlord
04-06-2010, 07:54 PM
See food. Eat food. Done.

Mick Manley
04-06-2010, 08:02 PM
i dont understand the question?

deeder
04-06-2010, 09:52 PM
If goal == gain weight
Then eat all the time.

If goal == lose weight
Then don't eat so much

If goal == stay same weight
Keep doing what you are doing

adunn11
04-07-2010, 06:04 AM
thanks guys. but like what should i be eating. i know if i eat more ill gain more weight and the less i eat the more ill lose. but what should i be eating.

tnathletics2b
04-07-2010, 06:16 AM
I assume you are in high school...

Take some protein mix with you that you can buy some milk from the cafeteria to mix in. Cook some chicken at night and take it with you at school to eat. Drink a shake at work after track practice. Tuna is easily portable, too. Take some peanuts with you in your backpack.

VikingWarlord
04-07-2010, 08:01 AM
thanks guys. but like what should i be eating. i know if i eat more ill gain more weight and the less i eat the more ill lose. but what should i be eating.

Food.

Ask generic questions, get generic answers. Do your research (you know, by reading the stickies and such) and come back with better questions.

Titalis
04-07-2010, 08:10 AM
+1 to Viking

chavez
04-07-2010, 11:00 AM
dude, look at the site, there are lots of posts here with lists of foods to eat. take the time to look around a little bit. #1 people pay for custom made diets. #2 u didnt tell us how much u weighed or how tall u are or bodyfat % or what ur big three are...what do u expect?

Mick Manley
04-07-2010, 11:10 AM
u should eat food

wanagetstrong
04-07-2010, 11:16 AM
Some ideas passed to me .....so over to you....Im no expert but told these are basic ideas to look at ...obviously depending on the individuals goals as to being useful or not

Sample Menu #1

Meal # 1 (Breakfast)
Protein Shake
1 serving of plain oatmeal
Optional Supplement: 1 teaspoon of Flax seed oil

Meal # 2 (Snack)
3 Hard Boiled Eggs
1 serving of Broccoli

Meal # 3 (Lunch)
31/2 ounces Chicken Breast
1 cup of mixed vegetables
1 Large Apple

Meal # 4 (My post workout meal)
1 Banana
11/2 servings of whey protein powder
(sipping on my whey protein during my workout and finishing it after my workout)

Meal #5 (Dinner)
31/2 ounces of Salmon
cup spinach
1 serving of berries such as strawberries

Meal #6 Optional (Before I go to bed)
Protein Shake

Quick notes: Cottage cheese contains casein protein to help prevent muscle breakdown. Blueberries are high in antioxidants to help aid muscle repair.

Sample Menu #2

Meal # 1 (Breakfast)
Protein shake
Bagel or English muffin

Meal # 2 (Snack)
Cottage cheese with strawberries

Meal # 3 (Lunch)
31/2 ounces Turkey breast
cup of brown rice
1 small Apple

1 Banana
11/2 serving of whey protein powder
(sipping on my whey protein during my workout and finishing it after my workout)

Meal #5 (Dinner)
31/2 ounces of chicken breast
cup yellow and red peppers.
Salad with spinach, tomato, olive oil and vinegar

Whey protein in skim milk

Sample Menu #3

Meal # 1
Protien shake
fruit salad

Meal # 2
1 ounce of Almonds
1 medium Orange

Meal # 3
3.5 ounces Chicken Breast
cup of brown rice
1 Large Apple

1 Banana
1 scoop protein powder
(22grams protein, 5g
carbs, 1 g fat)

Meal #5
3 ounces Turkey Breast or Salmon
1 cup of mixed vegetables
2 tsps olive oil dressing

Whey protein in skim milk

Quick notes: Casein is the predominant protein in milk to help prevent muscle breakdown.

Quick Guidelines Overview:

Rule #1: Eat smaller meals through out day.

Rule#2: Consume enough high quality protein every day.

Rule#3: Consume 25-35 grams of fiber a day

Rule#4: Avoid refined sugars and refined grains.

Rule#5: Consume an adequate amount of quality carbs.

Rule#6: Keep yourself hydrated all day;

VikingWarlord
04-07-2010, 11:25 AM
Among other minor issues with that post, your "Rule #1" is complete bull****. Please stop spreading bunk information.

wanagetstrong
04-07-2010, 11:41 AM
Among other minor issues with that post, your "Rule #1" is complete bull****. Please stop spreading bunk information.

Whoa there !! that information was passed to me from someone on here who I must say seems to have some credibilty given the background of the person passing it...but seeing as you make the point why don't you enlighten us ?

OH one other thing don't tell me what to post theres a good chap.

Mick Manley
04-07-2010, 12:00 PM

i think within reason thats a good rule. Eating 6 meals throughout the day as opposed to 2 big ones is a better idea.

Mercuryblade
04-07-2010, 12:24 PM
i think within reason thats a good rule. Eating 6 meals throughout the day as opposed to 2 big ones is a better idea.

The small meals thing is arbitrary and has been debunked countless of times. Each individual is different, and apart from insulin concerns, how you spread calories really doesn't matter.

I've found that as far as dieting goes, small meals are just about the worst thing for me. I never feel full and feel hungry all day.

wanagetstrong
04-07-2010, 12:46 PM
Some ideas passed to me .....so over to you....Im no expert but told these are basic ideas to look at ...obviously depending on the individuals goals as to being useful or not.

Thought I had covered the disclaimer bit with the above guys, obviously not and I don't have a clue if that format will work but it was given to me as something to build on and try and keep my diet clean.ish

6 meals a day 3 meals a day or whatever at this stage I am at thesame stage as the young OP so gladly take help where I think the source is credible and trust me in this case in my opinion he is !

I guess I will find out if it works for me or not in time,but as I said I intend to use it as a base and will adjust as I go along...

To the original OP please use the info as you see fit or as someone suggested have a read through the stickies , good luck with it anyhow :)

VikingWarlord
04-07-2010, 01:05 PM
Whoa there !! that information was passed to me from someone on here who I must say seems to have some credibilty given the background of the person passing it...but seeing as you make the point why don't you enlighten us ?

Well, I can point you to about 150 places right off the top of my head. One of which is an article also posted here on this very site. You could also take some time to look into the research on Intermittent Fasting which is singlehandedly proving the bunk-ness of the importance of eating every 13.684 minutes.

OH one other thing don't tell me what to post theres a good chap.

If you're posting crap, you're going to hear about it. In addition, since you, yourself are just a beginner and don't have any experience under you but are repeating what you heard elsewhere, it's cool that you want to help but it's probably better if you wait until you've done some time "in the trenches" as it were before dispensing advice. That's not meant to sound as ****ty as it does, it's just the way things are.

The small meals thing is arbitrary and has been debunked countless of times. Each individual is different, and apart from insulin concerns, how you spread calories really doesn't matter.

I've found that as far as dieting goes, small meals are just about the worst thing for me. I never feel full and feel hungry all day.

Precisely. There is no advantage to doing one over the other. It is 100% a comfort issue and should never be considered a "rule". In fact, plenty of "rules" about fitness and diet were probably handed down by Zeus since they're pure mythology too.

wanagetstrong
04-07-2010, 02:54 PM
[QUOTE=If you're posting crap, you're going to hear about it. [/QUOTE]

And if you insist on that patronising way of treating people like ****,you too will hear about it.

Mick Manley
04-07-2010, 03:54 PM

Ive read the info that debunks it and there is more proving that it works better for the majority, myself included.