View Full Version : Low Carb Entrees

Mark!
04-08-2010, 12:08 AM
Chicken w/Cheddar and Parmesan Cheese
Chicken Breast
Cheddar Cheese slices
Parmesan Cheese
Spices

-I start by slicing the chicken in to slices, like you would for fajitas.
-Place the slices of chicken (I used 5.7ounces of chicken for this meal) in to a bowl, add spices and some parmesan cheese, a pinch here will do, you don't want to overdo it because it will just end up burning on the grill or in the skillet, then you'll be left with burnt cheese. **The spices I have in the bowl are 1/2 TBSP Tostitos Chunky Salsa, Lawrys Steak and Chop marinade, garlic, season salt, lemon pepper.
-In another bowl I prepare the cheese mixture. 0 carb cheddar cheese slice, 1/2 tbsp chunky salsa, dash of parmesan cheese, with a dash of soy sauce instead of salt.
-After the chicken has cooked through, place the bowl of cheese into the microwave for a few seconds to melt it together.
-I use a banana nut bread pan, lay the chicken out flat in it, and spread the cheese that I had melted over the top. Add a dash of parmesan, and put it in the over for a few minutes just to melt it all together.
-Enjoy

It's simple, very simple. Here's what I have for carbs/calories.
Chicken 0carb/450 calories
Chunky Salsa 2g/10cal
Velveeta 1/8 inch slice for whole dish 1.5g/40cal
Lawrys Marinade <1g/5cal
Parmesan <1g/110cal for 1/4 cup, I probably didn't use 1/4 of a cup in my recipe, just a pinch here and there.
Spices-Mrs Dash Grilling Chicken 0g/0cal, Lemon Pepper 0g/0cal
Kikkoman Organic Soy Sauce 1g/10 cal per 1TBSP, I used about half.

Total Carb = 6.5 with serving size numbers, but like I said I rarely used serving sizes, always less.
Total Calories = 625 Calories, again with serving sizes.

Next time I make this I will add a picture and post it. I didn't get a chance to tonight since I was starving. Turned out really great, with some green beans, this was a great meal.

jony1804
06-04-2010, 01:23 AM
Great recipe

Thanks for sharing

I will try it