PDA

View Full Version : my 420x4 squat

combatzr2
04-11-2010, 01:02 AM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=A7SNPsUmHdU

i know from the start it does not look like i'm shooting my hits thru. my first two appear to be a little shallow let me know.

f=ma
04-11-2010, 06:12 AM
all of them are high.. having said that, you are still a strong dude. other than depth, they look good

fasteddy
04-11-2010, 06:34 AM
plenty strong, but, i rather see u do 365-400 x4 and hitting depth, good raw work though

ThomasG
04-11-2010, 07:34 AM
3 red lights.

joey54
04-11-2010, 09:55 AM
plenty strong, but, i rather see u do 365-400 x4 and hitting depth, good raw work though

Thats what I was thinking. Drop back down to 365. All were very high. Too much action going on at the start too. Unrack, first step back, second step back, and be set to squat. You do handle the weight well and sit back good to start.

combatzr2
04-11-2010, 10:37 AM
Cool thanks all for the critique. i'll go with with getting lower for my first two sets i use a stool that gets me deep enough, and for the last set i took it away. i can up load that if you want to see those, but i'll heed your advice and get deeper, don't want 3 REDs!

Xellarz
04-11-2010, 10:29 PM
Cool thanks all for the critique. i'll go with with getting lower for my first two sets i use a stool that gets me deep enough, and for the last set i took it away. i can up load that if you want to see those, but i'll heed your advice and get deeper, don't want 3 REDs!

I'd say upload it if it's not a hassle. You'll get some good comments. Maybe they're great and maybe you'll get a tune-up. Either way, it's good.

combatzr2
04-11-2010, 11:53 PM
I'd say upload it if it's not a hassle. You'll get some good comments. Maybe they're great and maybe you'll get a tune-up. Either way, it's good.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cSkdv2EUXi8

here is my 3 with the stool i believe i'm getting deep enough but you all let me know.. this is the same day i did the above lift, this is my first set.

joey54
04-12-2010, 07:25 PM
I think even there you can get a little lower. Now I go pretty deep, so I can get a tad too critical. It doesn't seem you are quite at parallel with the stool. Lets see what the others say.

Liftersize
04-13-2010, 01:10 AM
those are very close but a bit high

combatzr2
04-13-2010, 09:24 AM
ok so i need a lower chair damn lower lower lower, its always getting lower all good, got a meet in OCT i think i'm going to do when i get back from deployment. i'll have new video up tomorrow after my squat day!

Buccos1
04-13-2010, 04:06 PM
On the second video, you're not too far off - the second rep looked pretty good. I had a similar issue awhile back (1 - 2 inches high) and just dropped some weight off of what I was doing and buried the squats for 8-10 workouts. When it came time for the meet, there was no question at all about depth.

waynemeat
04-13-2010, 05:06 PM
Donít know if your gym has one but I'm going to recommend a squat box or a low bench to maybe give you some reassurance to go a little deeper.
Iíve been using breeze blocks for a few weeks now and itís really helped me.

combatzr2
04-13-2010, 11:01 PM
Donít know if your gym has one but I'm going to recommend a squat box or a low bench to maybe give you some reassurance to go a little deeper.
Iíve been using breeze blocks for a few weeks now and itís really helped me.

i'll see if i can get a lower bench some where in the gym. my gym has nothing its run by KBR in iraq. i had to buy my own collars and my own 2 1/2 weights. but you work with what you have!