PDA

View Full Version : sheiko squat routine

thewicked
04-12-2010, 03:26 PM
anyone got any good links to this? I've been told by numerous sources now I should take a look at it.

Ben F Burgess
04-12-2010, 04:00 PM
There is no squat-only Sheiko routine as far as i am aware.

There are dozens of 3-lift routines written by Boris Sheiko and a couple of bench-only, but i've never seen or heard of a sq-only and i have seen a lot!

Sure you dont mean Smolov squat routine? Thats a famous sq-only cycle...

thewicked
04-13-2010, 08:48 AM
honestly i don't know why I said squat only ...probably due to the fact all I think about is squats LOL but now i've found a mod'd three day sheiko routine that I'm going to run for awhile and see how it goes.

thewicked
04-14-2010, 11:00 PM
those of you that have done this routine..did you like it? how did it turn out for you?

Ben F Burgess
04-15-2010, 04:31 AM
There are dozens of routines written by Sheiko, which one are you looking at using?

They are all extremely effective providing you have selected the right ones for your rating (ie. current level of strength) and have a high work capacity to deal with the high volume demands.

There is a lot of info on the BMF Sports Sheiko training forum

Cmanuel
04-15-2010, 09:10 AM
There are dozens of routines written by Sheiko, which one are you looking at using?

They are all extremely effective providing you have selected the right ones for your rating (ie. current level of strength) and have a high work capacity to deal with the high volume demands.

There is a lot of info on the BMF Sports Sheiko training forum

There used to be an excel spreadsheet floating around the internet with most of the more popular sheiko routines. Here is a good page that might provide more information in addition to the BMF Forum mentioned above:
http://www.elitefts.com/sheiko/

I remember I did the usual progression a few years ago for someone just getting into sheiko.. #29 followed by #37. Definitely got stronger, but my busy school/work life didn't mesh well with the 2+hr workouts. Granted, I didn't stick with the program for more than the two cycles, so I can't really comment on how effective it was on increasing my lifts.

J Di Battista
04-15-2010, 07:55 PM
honestly i don't know why I said squat only ...probably due to the fact all I think about is squats LOL but now i've found a mod'd three day sheiko routine that I'm going to run for awhile and see how it goes.

Are you a raw or equipped lifter?

thewicked
04-15-2010, 10:19 PM
raw lifter

Ben F Burgess
04-16-2010, 11:55 AM

????

J Di Battista
04-16-2010, 10:58 PM
raw lifter
I would suggest starting with Dave Bates' 13 week cycle. It's basically #37 > #37 > #32 with the bench intensity increased:-

http://doc.erictalmant.com/13%20wk%20beginner%20program.doc

http://pdf.erictalmant.com/13%20wk%20beginner%20program.pdf

My training partner is at Master of Sports level and he is still gaining from this template. It's definitely the best place to start if you haven't run a Sheiko routine before.