PDA

View Full Version : Turning fat into muscle?

t-bone92
04-14-2010, 06:46 PM
I'm a little confused. I've looked up articles that say you cant NOT turn fat into muscle and that you must burn the fat off with cardio before trying to gain the muscle. If this is true, then how come I hear of powerlifters who gain fat, like up to 300 pounds purposely, and then start to weight lift, turning all that fat into muscle. There are actual accounts of this. I was shown one by my friends but i forgot the name. Can anyone give me the names of people who have done this and explain it a little more to me. Im 6 foot 3 and i weigh 250 pounds and i want to get strong and have a more muscular fit look. Can anyone give me more information about these people and this subject?

Nicky
04-14-2010, 06:59 PM
There are actual accounts of this.

That I would like to see.

muscle_g
04-14-2010, 07:00 PM
You cannot turn fat into muscle, they are 2 totally different types of body tissue. Lift weights, eat right, benefit with results.

VikingWarlord
04-14-2010, 07:08 PM
This is some of the funniest **** I've ever read. There isn't a single thing in that post that's correct.

There is no physiological mechanism for fat magically becoming muscle. They are composed of greatly differing compounds. You're probably thinking of a recomp.

To morons, they probably look the same.

Burn the fat off with cardio...HAAAAAAAAAAHAHAHAHAHA!!

StLRPh
04-14-2010, 07:17 PM
I'm a little confused. I've looked up articles that say you cant NOT turn fat into muscle and that you must burn the fat off with cardio before trying to gain the muscle. If this is true, then how come I hear of powerlifters who gain fat, like up to 300 pounds purposely, and then start to weight lift, turning all that fat into muscle. There are actual accounts of this. I was shown one by my friends but i forgot the name. Can anyone give me the names of people who have done this and explain it a little more to me. Im 6 foot 3 and i weigh 250 pounds and i want to get strong and have a more muscular fit look. Can anyone give me more information about these people and this subject?

It's not all fat. So let's do a little basic math.

Powerlifter A weighs 300lbs at 25% bodyfat. That's 75lbs of fat. If he drops 50lbs of fat he will weigh 250 with 225lbs of lean mass and be at 10% bodyfat. Doesn't happen much but if you're curious google Marc Bartley. He did a real world example somewhat like this.

J.C.
04-15-2010, 11:51 AM
Fat people can often gain muscle quicker than skinny people. This happens for a variety of reasons. So it may appear as though they are turning fat into muscle but that is not the process that's happening.

brihead301
04-15-2010, 01:02 PM
Actually once, back in the year 1746, on April 17th at 6:54 pm, there was a man named Larry. Larry was able to turn fat into muscle. He only did it once, but no one quite knows how he did it, but he definately did it. Since then, no one has been able to achieve this incredible feat again.

To this day, no one actually knows how Larry turned that fat into muscle.