PDA

View Full Version : F6 and Spartan

stik
04-16-2010, 12:19 PM
Have an F6 and a Spartan (single ply) coming, and I am excited. Y'all know what that's like, lol.

I have been using a Rage single ply and a Champion single ply to squat, bench, and deadlift.

What can I expect from the new stuff versus the older stuff, both with regard to form changes that will need to take place?

I don't guess I have any questions about squatting with the Spartan, but comments would be great.

I bench with pinkies on rings. Could I try widening my bench grip? How might the groove of the shirt work?

I normally go down on my sumos with my hips just far enough to grip the bar at arms length? Should I go lower for more pop?

Also, what can I expect as far as carryover? The Rage was new, and the Champion was quite used.

douglasoh5
04-16-2010, 02:49 PM
wtf is a spartan?

stik
04-16-2010, 02:57 PM
A Spartan is a squat suit made by Titan Support Systems. It is said to be in between the Superior entry-level (which still works great) and the Centurion.

stik
04-16-2010, 03:01 PM
I think they're new, Mr. Rich.

J Stottlemire
04-16-2010, 06:20 PM
I think they're new, Mr. Rich.

Rage x is the best bench shirt on the market in my humble opinion keep it handy just in case but best of luck in both new items

douglasoh5
04-16-2010, 08:45 PM
Ooh ok. havnt payed a whole lot of attention to the newer single ply gear lately.

robchris
04-16-2010, 08:46 PM
stik,
Hey bro did you mean to switch from a rage to a F6? The rage is for flat bencher where as the f6 is for arched benchers... Did you change your style?

stik
04-17-2010, 03:18 PM
Mr. Rob:

Never have used a Fury. Maybe that's what you're thinking? It's an Inzer Rage (and not a Rage X) that I'd been using. I outgrew the Rage, and Titan offered me a discount. So I ordered an F6 as I've always lifted with an arch and a Spartan which would be best for my budget right now.

Thanks for asking, and take care.

SoCoBarbell
04-18-2010, 12:16 PM
Give us a little more detail. What does your chest and hips measure and what size shirt and suit did you order? The f-6 needs to be pretty tight. I have a 44 f-6 and a 46 inch chest. It was a petty good shirt. Excellent for learning. I got about #100 out of it but, know guys getting much more. I don't know about the new suit you ordered I use a Super Centurion. I started with a size 44. I have 42 inch hips. I got about #100 out of my first suit. I've now worked down to a size 40 and get about #150 with the straps down. Form is everything with your gear!!!!!!!!!! I have training partners who don't want to take the steps to learn to squat and bench the right way and aren't getting crap out of their gear.

Try it out. Take some videos. And ask questions then. We'll be glad to help when we can see what you're doing right and wrong.