PDA

View Full Version : Veggie substitute ????

DANDARE
04-17-2010, 02:17 AM
Hey guys,
just wondering how important eating veggies is ?? The thing is i hate eating them to a piont where i nearly throw up !! Is there any thing i can take to get the same nutritional value ?? Im currently on multi vitamins and minerals !!

Cheers,
dandare

Mercuryblade
04-17-2010, 02:06 PM
Not really.
Just man up and eat your damn vegetables.

tom183
04-18-2010, 01:29 AM
^--Agreed.

VikingWarlord
04-18-2010, 08:26 AM
Not really.

Sometimes I love this place.

DANDARE
04-19-2010, 03:31 PM
not really.

yeah your right !!!! I should stop being a pussy !!!

MadChef
04-19-2010, 04:06 PM

OH MY GOD! If only everyone in the world had this epiphany once in a while, the world would be such a better place. Cheers DANDARE!

BTW... Fruits and vegetables are alkaline forming (the opposite of acidic) while meats and grains are acid forming. You need to eat vegetables (raw and lightly cooked) to balance out your bodies pH from all that extra steak and pasta you've been eating. Otherwise, you risk developing what is called ketoacidosis which makes your breath smell horrible no matter what you do, have the worst smelling body odor, have really greasy skin, a sluggish metabolism, lethargy, and just generally repulsive to women and everyone else for that matter. Eat your frickin veggies.

DANDARE
04-22-2010, 06:02 PM
You f##king rock dude !!!!

Dont know what it is about veg, i just dont like it ?? (im sure im not the only one) but i love my fruit !!!! Could i get away with just eating fruit or is too much fruit bad for you ??

malkore
04-23-2010, 11:39 AM

I'm not trying to be mean here...I just find it funny when people (in general) are willing to lift heavy weights, ass to grass Squats and insane deadlifts...

but can't choke down a few veggies!

If you can accomplish big lifts, eating carrots shouldn't even require effort :)

Mercuryblade
04-23-2010, 12:53 PM
OH MY GOD! If only everyone in the world had this epiphany once in a while, the world would be such a better place. Cheers DANDARE!

Seconded.

Mercuryblade
04-23-2010, 12:59 PM
You f##king rock dude !!!!

Dont know what it is about veg, i just dont like it ?? (im sure im not the only one) but i love my fruit !!!! Could i get away with just eating fruit or is too much fruit bad for you ??

You're going to be missing out on some stuff if you don't eat them. In addition to basic vitamins and minerals there are all kinds of beneficial compounds that are present in veggies.

Plus vegetables kick ass. After making them such a staple of my diet, I actually crave them now- almost as I do a good steak.

If you like a fruit, I would use that as a segue into veggies. Fresh baby spinach with walnuts, feta, strawberries and a sweet poppyseed dressing is delicious.

MadChef
04-26-2010, 09:38 PM
If you like a fruit, I would use that as a segue into veggies. Fresh baby spinach with walnuts, feta, strawberries and a sweet poppyseed dressing is delicious.

That does sound really good. Yes, of course you can eat too much fruit. Fruit has a lot of sugar, can you eat too much sugar? Not only that, but some people develop bone spurs from excess citric acid intake in the form of fruit. However, you really need to learn to like veggies because they really are necessary in your diet if you wish to live a long and healthy life. Learn how to cook vegetables and start doing it. Salad dressings are some of the best s***s on Earth, and they make greens taste good. Try throwing veggies on a grill, grilled zucchini is pretty good, as well as grilled green pepper and onion (shish kabobs are a good way to grill vegetables). Roasted veggies are pretty good, too, roast parsnip, carrots, and potatoes and toss them with some meat to make a hash (good meal for a bulking diet). Steam broccoli and melt cheddar cheese over it. The problem with veggies is that you actually have to think about them, they are not a convenience food which is why 99 percent of Americans don't eat enough veggies.

JoshuaGaler
04-27-2010, 05:03 AM
It is not necessary that you will grab food what you like for all the time. Sometime you have to consider your body metabolism and eat the required food which the body really need it. Don't substitute what exactly it is been required.

Skalami
04-27-2010, 08:26 AM
i can easily see why some people have no problem lifting heavy ass weights yet dont want to eat veggies... ones fun to them the other isnt. You dont NEED to eat them to make gains... im sure you'll get at least a little veggies without trying to hard but they are a big plus if you choose to eat them. They'll fill holes in your nutrition, probably help you recover in between working out a bit better and after awhile of consistent veggie eating you'll probably feel a bit better. Not to mention when it comes to diet veggies really help to fill you up.

i myself basically just include a bite of spinach with every bite i take

MadChef
04-27-2010, 09:10 AM
You dont NEED to eat them to make gains...

Yeah and you also don't NEED to get colon cancer but you run a great risk if you don't consider the health of your digestive system. You can say to yourself, "oh, well I have the rest of my life to worry about my health, I'm just gonna focus on getting hyooge and swole and that extra space in my stomach from not eating veggies can eat more PROTEIN@!!". Personally, I would rather be fit and healthy into my old age than a beast in my youth and an old-cancer ridden nursing home patient in my later years.

DANDARE
04-27-2010, 05:46 PM
To all the kick-ass members who who replied to my dumb ass question :

From this day forth i will eat my damn veggies !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

You guys are an inspiration and you f##king rock !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

nejar462
04-28-2010, 07:09 AM
DanDare,

All of your posts up to this point have been awesome, I will learn to mimic your incredible style.

Something I started to do was to crock pot a bunch of vegetables to make a soup. Then I divide up seven equal portions for throughout the week and chuck em all in the freezer. Vegetables will actually taste sweet if you come them for long periods of time, and I've found mixtures of vegetables to be way more palatable than individual ones. Plus, in this fashion you can get like 10 different vegetables (very little of each vegetable but a lot of vegetables in total) in one serving, increasing your diet diversity.

MadChef
04-30-2010, 06:54 PM
Something I started to do was to crock pot a bunch of vegetables to make a soup. Then I divide up seven equal portions for throughout the week and chuck em all in the freezer. Vegetables will actually taste sweet if you come them for long periods of time, and I've found mixtures of vegetables to be way more palatable than individual ones. Plus, in this fashion you can get like 10 different vegetables (very little of each vegetable but a lot of vegetables in total) in one serving, increasing your diet diversity.

This isn't a bad idea, but remember: nutrients are boiled/cooked away, starting at 110 degrees. The higher and longer you cook vegetables the less nutritional value they contain, the less benefit they will do you. Of course, your digestion can always benefit from cooked veg regardless of phytonutrient/vitamin value, but observe the importance of raw veg as well. This is a rule for all foods.

DANDARE
05-05-2010, 03:37 AM
dandare,

all of your posts up to this point have been awesome, i will learn to mimic your incredible style.

Something i started to do was to crock pot a bunch of vegetables to make a soup. Then i divide up seven equal portions for throughout the week and chuck em all in the freezer. Vegetables will actually taste sweet if you come them for long periods of time, and i've found mixtures of vegetables to be way more palatable than individual ones. Plus, in this fashion you can get like 10 different vegetables (very little of each vegetable but a lot of vegetables in total) in one serving, increasing your diet diversity.

cheers bro !!!!

You know what i've been mixing in my veg with mash potatoes but i love veggie soup too !!!! My girlfriend says if you aim to eat one of every different colour of veg then thats all the nutrients covered !!??!! But i dont think i'm at the stage of eating them cold !!! One step at a time !!!!

Mr. Mustard
05-05-2010, 08:26 AM
V8 and wheat grass help me through days when I don't get all my veggies.